will a Valveking work? or maybe a 5150 head?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Jeremy and Chris from TDWP use mesa triple rects. Jeremy also has a marshall jcm800 and chris has a 5150
I think a VK would work. I just got one, and with my LP-style guitar, i can get a good heavy tone with it. Maybe with a few effects, an OD, and an EQ, you should be able to pull off those tones really well.
Quote by Niftynico146
Jeremy and Chris from TDWP use mesa triple rects. Jeremy also has a marshall jcm800 and chris has a 5150

hmm, thanks!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by GNRjungle87
sorry, tube amps are for good music only

just to let you know those bands make excellent music
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by GNRjungle87

Don't be a jerk. *reported*

And +1 to the 5150. If you can't afford one of those, the Valveking is a good option too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Don't be a jerk. *reported*

And +1 to the 5150. If you can't afford one of those, the Valveking is a good option too.

yeah alright. you're a jerk for reporting me. nice job. *reported*
Quote by GNRjungle87

You are a tool. Those bands do make good music.

Maylene uses rockverbs, thats about all i know. I have seen in a few videos that they use 5150s also, so try Peavey.

Also, Peavey 5150 (6505) is used by a lot of metal musicians.
VK and 5150 will work, Underoath uses Orange, though.

Your post was nothing more than a flame bait. Flame baiting is bad.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by dogismycopilot
You are a tool. Those bands do make good music.

Maylene uses rockverbs, thats about all i know. I have seen in a few videos that they use 5150s also, so try Peavey.

Also, Peavey 5150 (6505) is used by a lot of metal musicians.

i actually just saw TDWP & maylene at a show....their guitarists used a hughes & kettner & a soldano.. TDWP of course, mesa's im sure

im just trying to find something cheaper and close-to-tone

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by GNRjungle87

ok

On topic: I forgot about the orange.. those would be a great option. They can pull off metal, but they're versatile enough for literally anything.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I've Got B-52 AT-100 and it gets me darn close to Underoath, probably the best you'll without going Orange
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by jcp42877
will a Valveking work? or maybe a 5150 head?

Underoath uses marshalls. JCM 900 and some sort of plexi. Great bands btw, gonna see underoath and TDWP next month.

I use a ValveKing, It will work for sure, but i would reccomend a bad monkey, really tightens up the distortion. a speaker change is a good idea too. I got some metal clips on my profile if you wanna hear it in action.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
When I seen maylene about a year ago exactly, they were using Orange cabs with Marshall heads. The Marshall logo was rearranged to read war yall

My friend's band http://www.myspace.com/porcelainsmileband does the southern metal genre. They use VHT's live, their studio stuff was Diezel VH4 and Diezel Herbert.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Oct 21, 2008,
B52 At or find one of those ashdown amps that i dont even know if there made any more. Orange doesn't get heavy enough for metal (Old ADTR) but has plenty of gain for Underoath, and most of the bands you listed. 5150 is you're best bet tho. My friend plays in a touring bad out of that genre and uses one with the gain only at 3 and it sounds heavy.
/\/\/\

Nope. Tim uses a Rocker 30 and a 2x12 with a JCM, and James uses Orange Cabs live if I remember correctly. Their backline was mostly Orange when I saw them at warped last year, with the exception of one of Tim's 4x12s and I blieve another cab or two.

I love Underoath, and can get pretty close with my current setup (hellraiser into a Mesa DC-5), and can get close to the other tones, but I haven' tried to hard to nail all those other band's tone.

Oh yea, and why did someone bump a 5 month old thread?
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Oct 21, 2008,
I'd be very impressed if they used Orange on their first album. Sounds much heavier to me when I was playing a Rocker. I didn't have a OD infront of it however. I'd believe the new cd was done with one, the gain is much more prominent on the old stuff. I'm just the kind of guy who would rather have headroom in the gain as compared to someone who has it on 11. He could of been running the JCM through the Orange cabs. There awesome cabs.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I have a feeling the TS has found something by now considering he created this thread back in May.

??

Doubt it, he doesn't have the gear list in his sig or in his profile. He don't gots gearz!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by pacoasterrider
I'd be very impressed if they used Orange on their first album. Sounds much heavier to me when I was playing a Rocker. I didn't have a OD infront of it however. I'd believe the new cd was done with one, the gain is much more prominent on the old stuff. I'm just the kind of guy who would rather have headroom in the gain as compared to someone who has it on 11. He could of been running the JCM through the Orange cabs. There awesome cabs.

one their very first album, like with Dallas? I have no clue what they use, but for (at the very least) Define the Great Line and Lost in the Sound of Seperation they use JCMs, Plexis, an Orange Rocker, and a Matchless Clubman reverb.

Tim's rig is a JCM 800 (I wanna say 2204, but i'm not sure) running into a Marshall 4x12, aby'ed with an Orange Rocker 30 with an Orange 2x12. The Marshall's hotrodded live with an Xotic AC Booster, but on the album with an Ibanez TS808. James rig is a Marshall 1959 plexi head into I believe a Marshall 8x10 (something with 10 in speakers into it) and an Orange cab (not sure if it's a 2 or 4 x12).

And yes, i agree with you; I love having headroom. I can't stand my Mesa's gain past 5 or 6; it just doesn't do anything for me but make it noiser and dirtier. I leave it around 4, so I can clean it up really well.
Quote by Niftynico146

JCM 800 could be found for like 700-800. You obviously don't like your 5150 but a Mesa F-30 is also a possibility.
You could also check out Bugera, they supposedly make some pretty nice shit.