Ive got a gig coming up in a few hours to play at a wine tasting. The manager asked me if i knew how to play some classical music or something. What are some licks I could play? Anybody got any youtube videos i should check out or some nice sounding licks? It would be accoustic, and im not too shabby at jazz, so im sure i can pull this off, but it would be nice to have some ideas for music to play. Thanks for the help!

If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Please don't suggest Canon Rock...

Dunno, try some lounge music, ftw

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Waltz 69.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
if it is classical you want, check out "Dee" by Randy Rhoads. it took me a while to perfect it but i started learning it about less than a year into playing guitar, so it should be quite easy for an experienced player.

there is also "The Rain Song" by Led Zep which is beautiful, and you can have fun with that.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
dude there's a whole article on bbc.co.uk on music to accompany a wine tasting go on it and search the site
Fucked with a Knife?

Innit, teh brutalz.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Just play any notes. On a fretless. Stick your tongue out and look like you're really concentrating.

Call it experimental free-form jazz. He won't be able to argue.
BEtthoven? Mozart?

Lounge music up a Cannibal Corpse song.
*cough cough Icumblood*
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
giant steps
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
some Gwar or Cannibal Corpse would be nice. go ahead and throw in some Lordi if you feel like it
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by 812many
Ive got a gig coming up in a few hours to play at a wine tasting. The manager asked me if i knew how to play some classical music or something. What are some licks I could play? Anybody got any youtube videos i should check out or some nice sounding licks? It would be accoustic, and im not too shabby at jazz, so im sure i can pull this off, but it would be nice to have some ideas for music to play. Thanks for the help!

Why wait until the 9th hour to learn what to play?

And to the other posters in here, I'll be immensely surprised (and impressed) if this guy can learn a Mozart piece up to performance standard within a few hours.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Why wait until the 9th hour to learn what to play?

And to the other posters in here, I'll be immensely surprised (and impressed) if this guy can learn a Mozart piece up to performance standard within a few hours.

Ha ha ha, I was busking on a street corner across the street from a wine shop. The manager came up, gave me $5 and asked if i could play for about a half hour when a party comes in to do some wine tasting. I said sure. Thanks for the help everybody! Maybe some nice zeppelin, some fingerpicking improv, jazzy stuff. Any type of chords i should check out? Maj7ths always work, but does anyone have some nice chord shapes that sound kinda chill? Any licks? Thanks!
Quote by Sora 01
richard cheese

If he wasn't a parody then that would almost be perfect, lounge jazz, very smooth and relaxed music would work quite well. If you go for jazz, try some piano jazz - Erroll Garner is fantastic, utterly fantastic and so is Oscar Peterson.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be about music that TASTED like wine .
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Gig went well, thanks guys. I just improved jazz the whole time, and he told me to get back to him with contact info. Thanks!