Hope this is the right forum, if not please direct me where i should go. Ive got a gig coming up in a few hours to play at a wine tasting. The manager asked me if i knew how to play some classical music or something. What are some licks I could play? Anybody got any youtube videos i should check out or some nice sounding licks? It would be accoustic, and im not too shabby at jazz, so im sure i can pull this off, but it would be nice to have some ideas for music to play. Thanks for the help!

If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
^ if you're not too shabby at jazz i'd go for that. i've said it before and i'll say it again. a day or 2 before a gig is not the time to learn how to play a style of music. to do it and do it well usually takes a bit of practice.
My friend found a tab of Canon Rock in D, and acoustically, itll sound nice and pretty classical i think. And some cool soft-ish jazz-style stuff would be cool. W/e you do, I would keep it mellow.
Yes, thanks for the suggestions, and i would always like some more! I was busking across the street from a wine shop and the manager asked me if i could play at a wine tasting in a few hours. Im not putting it off until the last minute, ha ha ha.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
.....learn real classical music?

Like some Bach or something. I think that's your best bet. Not learning some 'licks.' If you can read music (here i go again), grab a book of Bach Violin Sonatas, they're pretty awesome sounding, but physically a challenge to play.

Also, if you're "not shabby' at jazz, what are you gonna play? If you're solo I certainly hope you'll be throwing down some chord-melody style playing and not just firing off heads of tunes sans-harmony. If you did that I think you'd have an angry mob of jazz people chase you through town. and I'll be at the head of the pack.
Quote by Guitar_Theory
.....learn real classical music?

Like some Bach or something. I think that's your best bet. Not learning some 'licks.' If you can read music (here i go again), grab a book of Bach Violin Sonatas, they're pretty awesome sounding, but physically a challenge to play.

Also, if you're "not shabby' at jazz, what are you gonna play? If you're solo I certainly hope you'll be throwing down some chord-melody style playing and not just firing off heads of tunes sans-harmony. If you did that I think you'd have an angry mob of jazz people chase you through town. and I'll be at the head of the pack.

Jesus. Settle down.

@ threadstarter: If I were you, I would stick to my guns. Play that jazz, man! Just remember that you're going to be background music, and not to many people are actually going to be listening anyway. Keep it soft and smooth.

And who knows, maybe you'll get some fantastic free wine out of the deal...