Poll: Epic or not epic?
Poll Options
View poll results: Epic or not epic?
Yay
75 74%
Nay
26 26%
Voters: 101.
I had this awesome idea to do Knights of Cydonia at the talent show at my school and have my regular band and then have a trumpet section with people from the jazz band, then have some people from the choir do some of the high parts or w/e and then finally have a keyboardist that i sort of know do her keyboard thing. What do you guys think? yay or nay
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Yeah video it
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

Quote by Sora 01
these things always go tits up

+1

i always think about things like that, but they never work
If it works out, it will be epic.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by tyronelab
Only works if everyone can manage to play the song perfectly. If people don't have the skill to manage to play their pieces then will fail dramatically.

+1 but would be awesome, i also agree with the videoing, want to see it no matter how it turns out
Quote by Grönis
If it works out, it will be epic.

No

If it doesnt work out, it will be epic.
It's a 50 50 chance of failure of epic proportions or an epic success with the crowd asking for an encore
Sounds like it would be amazing. But Bellamy's vocals will be pretty difficult IMO. But, if they did it, as an awards show thing maybe with all the extra stuff, that would be sooo epic.
It's quite hard to sing and play at parts but if you can pull it off, go for it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
the timing with that many musicians involved would be difficult to get tight, but itd be cool if u could
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
If you manage that perfectly, then yeah, it would be fucking awesome. However, thats gonna be really, really hard to pull of perfectly. Good idea, but hard to do. You need to think about it a lot, how much work other people are gonna have to do, organise LOADS of rehersal time etc etc.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Just do SHIT LOADS of practicing to get it perfect...Cos if you balls up, Matt Bellamy is gonna personally bum you senceless in the toilets while making high-pitch wailing noises.
Definate yay. Me and my mates are doing a cover of McFly (5 Colours In Her Hair) in our school, with a mandolin playing the main riff
Quote by filthandfury
Definate yay. Me and my mates are doing a cover of McFly (5 Colours In Her Hair) in our school, with a mandolin playing the main riff

WTF Muse>McFly
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by korinaflyingv
^ you say that as if it's a good thing

EDIT: to filthandfury

Oh it will be
Quote by Moggan13
Just do SHIT LOADS of practicing to get it perfect...Cos if you balls up, Matt Bellamy is gonna personally bum you senceless in the toilets while making high-pitch wailing noises.

just make sure you practice, practice, practice... until you can do it dead right
It's a pretty simple song, but getting the timing right (for all those musicians) will be quite a predicament.
imo, the difficulty of the song/vocals/timing has nothing to do with it. it's more of getting everybody to agree to do it and then actually setting it up. to me it just sounds like one of those fantasy "omg we're totally going to do it and it will be amazing" things that nobody ever follows through on. like an epic senior prank type of thing..

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Make sure you have the stage presence to pull it off, you gotta be the great conductor maestro guy who runs jumps hops and plays his guitar. then it will be epic.
If you do it, make sure you get a decent set of lights in. Maybe even a small set of lasers and/or dry ice. And the more strobe lights the merrier.

That song just SCREAMS 'visual spectacle'. It needs to be an audiovisual onslaught of awesome, or it won't work.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Vermintide
I think Black Holes And Revelations is a highly overrated and over played album.

But DO IT!!!

Origin of Symmetry is where the shit is at, bro
No offense, but I've got the feeling that there's no way you can pull it off.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!