Poll: how much do you smoke?
Poll Options
View poll results: how much do you smoke?
regular smoker - addicted :(
69 17%
social smoker - buy some for when i go out. parties, town etc
77 19%
rarely have one - on the odd occasion
78 20%
non smoker - never smoked
175 44%
Voters: 399.
Page 1 of 4
Just basically how much people smoke here, and if anyone is a "social smoker". I smoke too much, and am trying to cut down to where i just go out - parties, town etc.

is this possible, or will it inevitably just creep up again? I am not trying to quit, as i enjoy smoking, i just wanna cut down for health and financial reasons

EDIT: wow! didn't know emoticons appeared on polls!
Last edited by fender_696 at May 14, 2008,
I'm a social smoker. I have one occasionally, just because it's good when you're pissed, but I couldn't have one sobre or on my own

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
i have smoked cigarettes for a year and i am not addicted. i smoke maybe a pack every few days. if i wanted to quit cold turkey it would be a non issue.

but social smoking is a good way to cut down, since smoking a cigarette by yourself is boring anyway unless you just like wicked stressed or something
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by fender_696
Just basically how much people smoke here, and if anyone is a "social smoker". I smoke too much, and am trying to cut down to where i just go out - parties, town etc.

is this possible, or will it inevitably just creep up again? I am not trying to quit, as i enjoy smoking, i just wanna cut down for health and financial reasons

EDIT: wow! didn't know emoticons appeared on polls!

because cutting down will save your life
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by pmeg568c
i have smoked cigarettes for a year and i am not addicted.

Quote by eXor

...im not...

some people can do it. my friend smoked a pack a day all school year and quit cold turkey about a month ago
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
i have smoked cigarettes for a year and i am not addicted.

If you're not addicted I don't think you'd be smoking, knowingly that eventually it'll end up killing you.
I have a pretty moderate nicotine addiction. I smoke a pack every few days and occasionally supplement with dip. I could probably quit if I had to but the nicotine buzz in the morning really picks me up.
addicted silly im only 16 but have been smoking since i was 14. Tried 2 quit like 3-6 times but that nicotine hold you down
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Quote by Audio™
smoke the herb

this guy knows the score
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
smoking kicks ass.for example a cig. after eating is a MUST

keep on smoking dudes!!!!
Quote by BloodlessMurder
If you're not addicted I don't think you'd be smoking, knowingly that eventually it'll end up killing you.

not true, the amount of cigarettes i smoke and the time i plan on smoking them does not scare me or anything its not like i plan to smoke until im 60 and have lung cancer. thats pretty dumb.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
I used snuff to quit smoking then i used fake snuff to quit chewing. Being able to walk up hills and jog more than twenty feet without getting winded feels like magic. As good as cigarettes made me feel; breathing feels better.
I think it depends on your personality. I don't have an addictive personality so I'm not addicted. You could argue that I am, however, I don't smoke because I need to, I do it because I like it. I've gone weeks without smoking before when I feel I need to cut down. I've been fine.
Quote by _testament_
I think it depends on your personality. I don't have an addictive personality so I'm not addicted. You could argue that I am, however, I don't smoke because I need to, I do it because I like it. I've gone weeks without smoking before when I feel I need to cut down. I've been fine.

thank you, this is also me
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
I mostly smoke when Im in school (damn free periods) or when doing stuff with friends etc...I'm too lazy to have a smoke at home and my parents don't like it...and it gets too expensive....I smoke like a pack (maybe a bit more) a week
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Wow....a LOT more non-smokers here than I thought.

I am a regular smoker unfortunately. I've "quit" a few times....but...meh.

A pack will last me about two days though. I used to go through a pack a day..
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Quote by pmeg568c
not true, the amount of cigarettes i smoke and the time i plan on smoking them does not scare me or anything its not like i plan to smoke until im 60 and have lung cancer. thats pretty dumb.

Not everyone who developed lung cancer have been smoking for 50 years.
Some people smoke for couple years and get lung cancer.
Some waitress didn't smoke at all, she died of lung cancer...second hand smoke.
She worked at the place for couple of years or something like that.
So yea.
I had my first smoke at a party on friday night/saturday morning when i was pissed, i might try it again just because it seems to 'work'. Dunno, though seems a bit of a waste.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Quote by BloodlessMurder
So yea.

I see your point... But, if we're going to blame smokers for killing people, then let's eliminate everything that kills everyone. Cellphones, microwaves, drunk drivers, junkies, alcoholics, gangs, war, lightning, sex(std's), etc.
Quote by _testament_
I see your point... But, if we're going to blame smokers for killing people, then let's eliminate everything that kills everyone. Cellphones, microwaves, drunk drivers, junkies, alcoholics, gangs, war, lightning, sex(std's), etc.

Such a stupid argument...
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Been smoking for about a year. In like August of last year it became more more of a social thing, but after about September, I started back up and it became full time. Properly addicted now, I smoke about 15 a day, which isn't good.

And to the dude who said ''smoking kicks ass.....keep on smoking dudes''....If you're being serious I think you should wake up a little. After only a year I have noticed the following undesirable side effects upon my body...

- Increased gag reflex; I can cough or choke at a hell of a lot more things now than I used to.
- Coughing all the time.
- Want for a smoke everytime I become stressed etc.
- My bank account wants to slap me in the face as I must spend at least £12-15 a week on tobacco/rolling papers/filters.

To say smoking is 'kick ass' and everyone should carry on, is plain stupidity.

Personally I don't mind smoking in itself, just the long-term illnesses you can get. I think because I don't mind it, and because I am addicted; I don't have the will power, and I don't WANT to quit enough to actually go ahead with it.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by _testament_

I'm not blaming smokers for killing people.
Honestly i don't really give a **** if the bitch died of cancer.
I'm just saying that most of the people who say they're not addicted usually are.
I don't smoke. Well I have some weed every few weeks but I am not a pothead or anything.
Quote by ACG

Not at all actually. I don't smoke around anyone who doesn't want smoke in their lungs. I don't cause drunk driving accidents, or spread AIDS, or rape people for drugs. I like to smoke, and I'm not going to stop because of some risk of cancer. Remember that cold empty smoking section outside? That's where I am, so give me a break. Go project unto someone who actually cares.
I have tried it once, but I'm a non smoker. Seriously, at the parties in my city, EVERYONE smokes. I get a cigarette pushed into my mouth every half minute, but I say no, even when I'm drunk.

I use something called "snus" instead when I'm at a party.
I smoke when I feel sick from drinking. I don't know why, but it helps me. Other than that, no, smoking is just way to expensive and I never felt I got something out of it when I did it while not being sick.
Quote by _testament_
Not at all actually. I don't smoke around anyone who doesn't want smoke in their lungs. I don't cause drunk driving accidents, or spread AIDS, or rape people for drugs. I like to smoke, and I'm not going to stop because of some risk of cancer. Remember that cold empty smoking section outside? That's where I am, so give me a break. Go project unto someone who actually cares.

...Same to you :P
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by BloodlessMurder
So yea.

And some people smoke 0 cigarettes in their lifetime and still get lung cancer, omg! And it isn't from second hand smoke either, which is one of the least likely causes of lung cancer (I dont support smoking in enclosed public spaces, but give me a fu**ing break, second hand smoke doesn't cause sh*t).

Everyone is different, and this includes likelihood of getting lung cancer (some people smoke for 40 years and dont get any, others smoke for a few and get it, theres always a bell curve) as well as likelihood of getting addicted.

If you are ADD or are genetically predisposed (no way to tell aside from DNA test) then avoid cigs at all costs, as they are a bitch and 2.5 halves to quit in such cases (and trust me, I know).

Some people have no trouble quitting, for others its hell. Unless you know which category you fall into, just don't bother, its not worth it anyways.
Quote by ACG

Not really, if you look at the fu*king insane anti-smoking activists in the US, like in California. I have trouble quitting smoking and understand people who want to reduce the amount of smokers, but seriously, stop being such selfrighteous dicks about it.
Page 1 of 4