Page 1 of 3
so after years and years of saving money, im ready to waste my life savings on buying an electric guitar..but i dont know which one to get..........
so, please can you tell me which guitar you think i should get, no matter the price, in the end ill tell you which one im going to get, and ill happilly skip down to a guitar shop and spend my £15.000, but dont get tooo ridiculous on tthe price....

its a happy happy life! and thnkz for helping me pick my new guitar, aalso the guitar has got to sound good and look good and basically not be rubbish, so please can you help me????????
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
What kind of music are you playing? I know if I had that kind of money I'd be getting a custom shop Tele, an LP Custom, and a nice Bad Cat or TopHat amp.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
hugh manson get him to build you your guitar of dreams
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
If you wanna get real crazy, Find out what kind of custom guitars Mathew Bellamy has made for him. They're crazy.
15 grand...
jesus

i got an awesome idea
...give it to me ^_^

...please?

tbh, if i had that money, i'd probs get a custom shop, you can find info on virtually every guitar manufacturer's site about building a guitar to your specifications.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
If I had that kind of money I'd definately get a custom shop ESP! Or a really nice Gibson and a wall hanger so then in like 40 years you can sell it in atleast decent condition and you'll be filthy rich lol.

Actually, I'd buy both... Then a 2203k Marshall head (it's the Kerry King model... Say what you will about the guy, I don't like him too much either, but that's a great head IMO.) and a wall or Marshall cabs.

Or I'd use it on gas for the next day or two.
Quote by rancidryan
hugh manson get him to build you your guitar of dreams

he raises a good point, but also check out Paul Reed Smith

Custom Gibson/Fender would build a small fortune in the future
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Whoa, whoa. Am I reading this one right? Fifteen motherfukken thousand pounds...?! Jesus, I'll build you a custom guitar and a matching chopper for this kind of money...
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Hagström has some sweet guitars
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Les Paul, Custom Fender, check out Dean's custom U.S.A stuff if you can they are great guitars. A sweet PRS would be nice.
How about a custom shop Jackson, ESP, PRS, or Fender?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Twenty nine ... thousand ... US DOLLARS!? OH GOod GOD!!! I don't even know! Get a custom Brian May guitar. An AC30. Get two guitars if yo uwant! GOOD GOD!
Mkay.....look here:
http://www.nikhuber-guitars.de/2006_home.htm

All hand made custom guitars, the cheapest one is over 2000€. The other models cost at least twice as much. The best one (the 'flying dolphin') costs over 8000€. I myself want to buy the 'Redwood' when I have the cash for it (about 4000&euro.

Amazing guitars, quality wise comparable to PRS Privat Stock instruments. These beat any guitars you see hanging in music stores. As much as I love Gibsons....they don't have sh*t on this.
Although common sense is telling this is all BS...

What styles of music do you play?
And do you promise not to "customize" the guitar you get...?

EDIT: obvious troll is obvious....
Last edited by T!AN at May 14, 2008,
get a custom PRS. they are THE sex. i have a custom 24 with the artist package and my god, it is gorgeous to hear, play, and look at.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
ive been playin for 2 months now..............
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
2 months!? and you're already buying a guitar with 15 grand!?!? i revoke my earlier statement, and say, blow your money when you've got a bit more experience. and by a bit i mean at least 4 years.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Get real. You don't need to spend that kind of money to get a nice guitar..

£1-2k would buy you a VERY nice guitar and a hot amp...
Dude, get yourself a decent beginners guitar when you've only been playing for two months. Not to offend you, but you cannot possibly have the experience to choose the perfect instrument for yourself by now. It'sd be a shame to see those 15 grand go to waste. Nobody knows if you're going to keep playing guitar anyway or if you'll be sick of it in half a year.
Ok, if you really want to spend some money get a valveking combo and a decent guitar, why would you want to spend that much on a guitar you won't even be able to play? I mean if you had been playing for 5 maybe 10 years, and were really getting into it like gigging and recording and starting to make money sure, spend that much on a guitar. That's how you make money, you want the best. But at this point you don't need that much of a guitar, and people are not going to think you're any better (nor will you be any better) because you can afford a really nice expensive guitar.
Check out Ed Romans website. He has some amazing vintage stuff, including one of K.K. Downing's Flying Vs, some awesome batwing guitars, and so much more. Just look around. $29k US will get almost anything. It doesnt matter how long you have been playing, if you have enuff money, get w/e you want.
1) How much is 15, 000 Euros in Canadian/US dollars?
2) What kind of music do you play?
3) Amp too? How much, how big, Solid State or Tube?
UG's AC/DC Lover
This is a stupid idea. It is just plain retarded to spend over $500 on a guitar unless you are looking to keep it in it's case as a collectors item and never play it.
I think this is bogus...how did some fuker save for years and years (with the intention?) of blowing it on a guitar and not know what the hell he's planning on getting. fuk-off bs show off...saving 15,000 pounds or about $30,000 US/CDN and not (apparently??) know what the fuk your getting-dumbass...I don't care if its 1500 or 15,000 pounds you saved (for years and years) your an idiot...instead of skipping on down to a guitar shop you should save for years and years more, buy yourself a rocket, of course just skip on over to the rocket shop and buy what we tell you, then blast yourself into the frikin sun...!

Ahhh, i feel better.

Actually if your going to spend that kind of cash your probably looking at some older Gibsons or Fenders, you know collector type stuff. There really aren't many new $30,000 guitars sitting around in shops as most people will not spend that. Zmatius (sp?) maybe. The Frankenstein is $25,000...other than that, why would you spend that much anyways???? buy a lot of different guitars, or take a trip, buy a car, get an education, RRSP's??????
I'd get a nice car personally. A newerish used BMW doesn't run that much at all. Thats the sport packages and everything. 5 series! Yay!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by DeanESPJackson
I think this is bogus...how did some fuker save for years and years (with the intention?) of blowing it on a guitar and not know what the hell he's planning on getting. fuk-off bs show off...saving 15,000 pounds or about $30,000 US/CDN and not (apparently??) know what the fuk your getting-dumbass...I don't care if its 1500 or 15,000 pounds you saved (for years and years) your an idiot...instead of skipping on down to a guitar shop you should save for years and years more, buy yourself a rocket, of course just skip on over to the rocket shop and buy what we tell you, then blast yourself into the frikin sun...!

Ahhh, i feel better.

Actually if your going to spend that kind of cash your probably looking at some older Gibsons or Fenders, you know collector type stuff. There really aren't many new $30,000 guitars sitting around in shops as most people will not spend that. Zmatius (sp?) maybe. The Frankenstein is $25,000...other than that, why would you spend that much anyways???? buy a lot of different guitars, or take a trip, buy a car, get an education, RRSP's??????

YES SIR
Quote by dark_gilbert
15 grand...
jesus

i got an awesome idea
...give it to me ^_^

...please?

tbh, if i had that money, i'd probs get a custom shop, you can find info on virtually every guitar manufacturer's site about building a guitar to your specifications.

No... 15 grand in British Pounds (if your american, if your british, your right)

In US Dollars that is $29,176.50

^ That is a shîtload of money...

If you are going to waste that kind of money on a guitar I guess you could go find a really good luthier and just tell him/her what you want.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Last edited by Slash546 at May 14, 2008,
15 Grand
2 Months experience

Go with a Squier Bullet and a Line 6 Spider III.

JK

On a serious note if I had that kind of money to blow on guitar stuff, I would go with the Eric Clapton Signature Strat, either a Twin Reverb, Fender Twin, or Bassman. Hell I'd get all of them and I'd still have money left over.
Don't spend all that on a setup after only two months of playing. It's a waste. Just get yourself a nice intermediate guitar and practice amp for now, and save up even more for later on when you can actually take full advantage of such an expensive setup.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Pibbz
so after years and years of saving money, im ready to waste my life savings on buying an electric guitar..but i dont know which one to get..........
so, please can you tell me which guitar you think i should get, no matter the price, in the end ill tell you which one im going to get, and ill happilly skip down to a guitar shop and spend my £15.000, but dont get tooo ridiculous on tthe price....

its a happy happy life! and thnkz for helping me pick my new guitar, aalso the guitar has got to sound good and look good and basically not be rubbish, so please can you help me????????

I'm not sure, but I dont think he's trying to spend 29k USD on a setup
well reading this thread ive noticed that ye it is abit stupid to blow my money like that when ive only been playing for 2 months, but i dont think i will be quittin guitar cuz its all i eva think about, and now ive just abit carried away......
so is there any good guitars under £500???
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
If you HAVE 15000£, than you shouldnt buy a £500 guitar. Get yourself a nice USA guitar that costs approx 1000£, and you'll have a guitar that will last a lifetime. Then another 1000£ for the amp and you have a dreamrig for 2000£. Still 13000£ left for a car or something else.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ive been thinking, how about a les paul????
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
PRS custom 24.
Mesa boogie of some sort.
Pedals.
Prostitutes.
???
Profit.

Moedit: If you like Les Paul's; Go for a PRS single cut.
I find Gibson's Q.C to be going down hill as of recent.
Signatures are overrated.
Err bs but don't waste 15G's on a guitar.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Page 1 of 3