Ive been trying to find out what speakers that are used in the MG combos, but all i can find out is that they are custom made... you see, I play my JCM 800 50W head through the speaker of my old MG 100 DFX combo.. I was just wondering what kind of crappy speaker im running my beautiful head through.

does anyone have a clue ?

planning on buying a marshall 1936 2x12, with G12T-75's though
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
They're really crappy budget Celestions I think.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
How's it sound. I put my C30 through my MG cab the other day. Wasn't too bad at all.
you matched the ohms i hope.

and i'm not sure. i just know my 5 watt Vjr almost blew the 50w mg speaker i ran it thru.

made it rattle on anything over volume 3.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Their made at the chinese celestion factory in china. Same place that builds the fine "celestions" used in spider amps.
Quote by Tackleberry
Their made at the chinese celestion factory in china. Same place that builds the fine "celestions" used in spider amps.

Redundant much?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, it's not redundant. We have a lot of mexican factories here in america. They used to be Irish and italian factories, but they switched production a while ago
^
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jj1565
you matched the ohms i hope.

and i'm not sure. i just know my 5 watt Vjr almost blew the 50w mg speaker i ran it thru.

made it rattle on anything over volume 3.

Yup. Disconnected the combo speaker. C30 is rated at 8 ohms. 16 ohm combo speaker and 16 ohm external.
ok, thanks..

i don't know if the ohms are matching, but it doesnt sound that bad really... I haven't got that much to compare it too though... i play the head through a broken 1922 cab at bandpractise, where only one of the speakers work... thats a completely different room, so i dont really know.

i am just curious if im going to get a better sound when i buy the 1936, with the G12T-75

and yeah, while im at it, does anyone know whats the big difference between the 1936 and the 1922 cabs ? whats better ? I play good old rock n roll, anything from zeppelin to guns n roses.. so i want a tight, thundering, sharp overdrive.. can these cabs give it to me ?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Last edited by Sl4Sh_Jr. at May 15, 2008,
Wow sounds like you're asking for a blown output transformer. You've gotta keep an eye on the impedence, a mismatch in the wrong direction can easily wreck your amp.
they are matching.....
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Quote by kyle62
Wow sounds like you're asking for a blown output transformer. You've gotta keep an eye on the impedence, a mismatch in the wrong direction can easily wreck your amp.

Definitely!!