Quote by ninja.kitty
i usually write the opposite of this kinda stuff, so i just want to know if its any good.

sorry, dont want to download a zip file. Upload it as an mp3.
Quote by dustyboy316
sorry, dont want to download a zip file. Upload it as an mp3.

why?
Quote by ninja.kitty
why?

Don't trsut the zip files. Seems a little odd he zipped a 3mb file or something.
Quote by ninja.kitty
could i have at least one useful comment?

Heres my attempt at a useful comment.

It's not to bad, it doesn't really sound epic to me, although it does sound like it could lead into an epic solo I suppose? I don't think it has enough contrast to be epic yet. It sounds a bit to happy for me, although I like the triplets from bar 25-28. Although most of it didn't really excite me at all, I am open to any kind of music but it didn't really do much for me. As it is, it shows potential to be a good song, but not a great song.

I think it'd need to be a bit longer for me to give a proper judgement on that though, try continuing it maybe. I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.
Last edited by Regression at May 15, 2008,
yeah i know, im working on it. like i said, first attempt at seriously making something of the sort. ill post it when its done

and thank you
Wow o_O

that was brilliant so far, it had a little bit of everything, yet somehow it all fit together .

the heavy parts contrasted very well with the happy parts and such.

you could make a really deep song with this, and you could probably go in any direction you want 0.o

i'm not gonna suggest anything because i'd like to see where it goes :P

Crit mine o.O?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861703
Pretty good, tied together better than I expected from glancing at the music. Although I think it is lacking a bit of structure now, it seems more like a whole lot of ideas which just fortunately fit together, not a piece which is made to go together.

I'd like to see it become a bit more orchestral based, and not so much focus on the guitars. The solos are good, need a bit of work, but overall just get kind of boring, I'd like to see more contract and use of other instruments.

Also note when I said it sounded a bit to happy for me, it wasn't so much to happy, it just sounded a bit to cheesy happy. Hard to explain, but I listen to some strangely happy music so it wasn more just the sound. Mind you midi could be to blame for that.

None the less, better than anything I could write.
Quote by Regression
Pretty good, tied together better than I expected from glancing at the music. Although I think it is lacking a bit of structure now, it seems more like a whole lot of ideas which just fortunately fit together, not a piece which is made to go together.

I'd like to see it become a bit more orchestral based, and not so much focus on the guitars. The solos are good, need a bit of work, but overall just get kind of boring, I'd like to see more contract and use of other instruments.

Also note when I said it sounded a bit to happy for me, it wasn't so much to happy, it just sounded a bit to cheesy happy. Hard to explain, but I listen to some strangely happy music so it wasn more just the sound. Mind you midi could be to blame for that.

None the less, better than anything I could write.

yeah, i know waht you mean. im trying to incorporate more strings now.

lol, yeah. trying my best to make it not just the same type of sound all the time

i was going for that :P

thank you
woooooooooooooooow!

whoa man, this is some of the best stuff you've ever done. the oh snap, where'd that come from part was amazing. great transitions and great riffs all backed by great crushing rhythm the contrast fit very well together and it's cool how you expressed two totally different feelings within the same song.

some of the solos had off notes but it added a cool sound.

I loved this. keep writing!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I wanted to give you a crit. and I've critiqued almost all of your songs already.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...