freerice.com

Now I am not advertising this i just want to discuss it. I like the idea of the site but since when did charity have condition. I just dont like it when they say they will give rice to hungry people if you do this because why dont they just give it to them.

Its kind of like that guitar that was for sale that every guitar bought a tree would be planted.

I just dont like that kind of idea.

Discuss
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
I think they give them the rice anyway. It's just a nice way of raising awareness; I seriously don't think people are going hungry because you don't know what epoch means. They donate money to the Food Program from the sponsors on the site.
I read that the guy who made the website made it so his son would study for his SATs or something. besides, if you dont know the harder words, you guess and move on until you get an easier one, youre still contributing
They generate the money to get the rice from people playing the game. They aren't just keeping it from starving people for sh*ts and giggles.

Also this is old, was stickied ages ago.
The sponsors give the website money for the rice for every hit they get on the site.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
actually it says on the site

the banners that appear when you advance a level generate money which means they can buy rice

theyre not sitting on a pile of ricee
They want people, the public, to give rice. I agree it is about raising awareness. But people are greedies sometimes and want something for it: so they get some questions and learn something while being nice and donating. It's that feeling of "look how much I'm donatinggg sooo good!"

I like where your heads at tho.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

[url="http://twigd.squarespace.com]Twigd.squarespace.com The World is Good, Dammit
Quote by metaldud536
I have donated 200 grams. Am I really smart?

smarter with every gram baby. Snapple caps keep me ahead of the game too.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

[url="http://twigd.squarespace.com]Twigd.squarespace.com The World is Good, Dammit