Haha. Okay, now that that is over, my axe has a Floyd Rose locking nut on the neck, however the body has a Fender style bridge which obviously doesn't have fine tuners. For this reason I don't lock the nut, although it causes too much friction without being locked and puts me out of tune (ironically) whenever I use the bar.

If I unscrewed the nut are there any nuts out there which would fit in the space now since it's been routed for a Floyd nut? Thanks

(You may be wondering WHY I have a floyd nut on this guitar, I nicked the neck from a guitar with a floyd as I didn't like the original neck on this one.)
Dont know of a basically a conversion nut for a floyd locking. Could buy the oversized blank and make one that will do the job you need.
just get a regular nut and glue it in, it should be fine. If not, you can glue a piece of wood behind the nut to stabilize it.
Quote by Tackleberry
Dont know of a basically a conversion nut for a floyd locking. Could buy the oversized blank and make one that will do the job you need.

You recon I could pull it off? I'd prefer to buy one which just worked but that's always what I could do if I can't get one.

I'd quite like one of those roller nuts which a few companies make, is anyone familiar with the Wilkinson roller nut? (The one with 6 saddles is the right width for my neck, I just don't know about Height) http://www.axesrus.com/axehardware_files/RN001.jpg
Check ALLPARTS. I think they have a replacement floyd nut that is nonlocking.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Check ALLPARTS. I think they have a replacement floyd nut that is nonlocking.

I've never been on that site before, I normally use axesrus. It's really cool though, thanks!

I've found this: brARSE. I think this may be the one for me as you can change the height of each string so I wouldn't actually be able to get it wrong! It's the right width as well...might be handy having that you know, hehe.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I've never been on that site before, I normally use axesrus. It's really cool though, thanks!

I've found this: brARSE. I think this may be the one for me as you can change the height of each string so I wouldn't actually be able to get it wrong! It's the right width as well...might be handy having that you know, hehe.

http://www.allparts.uk.com/ebanol-metal-base-11116-inch-p-4306.html?p=product
http://www.allparts.uk.com/ebanol-metal-base-inch-p-4307.html?p=product
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.