What tuning is it in?! I thought it was in open G but people are telling me standard i need to know im suppose to know it tonight for my band ps i hate this ****ing song
Quote by wuffwuffwuffy
What tuning is it in?! I thought it was in open G but people are telling me standard i need to know im suppose to know it tonight for my band ps i hate this ****ing song

its not open G. Its either standard or Eb. cant remember for sure. (I would guess standard though).
Quote by KingCheesehead
I have a book that says Open G.

interesting I always played it standard and it sounded exact. I learned it by ear though, not from a tab book.

well if its an "official" tab book you're probably right. Ill say though, there is no reason to tune it that way. Standard tuning will sound fine.
one of the guitar parts may well be in open g.... i play it in standard tuning.
its basically a 1 4 5 in b. the solo is in b minor
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Quote by trigs
one of the guitar parts may well be in open g.... i play it in standard tuning.
its basically a 1 4 5 in b. the solo is in b minor

Good point. I have been watching videos to try and find out. It seemed like one guy was in standard and was playing standard barre chords. The other guy may have been in open tuning.

With some songs it matters, but with this, you really could do either. In a gig situation where you dont want to deal with re tuning for 1 song, I would consider just playing it in standard. it sounds fine that way.
Rich Robinson tended to play the rhythm parts and was usually in open G, the lead guitarist was usually tuned to standard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com