im facing a minor dilemma, and hope you guys might help a brotha out

ive been accepting to attend two film schools, one in LA and one in NYC, my dilemma is i dunno which one to attend

there are pros and cons for both places

LA Pros - It's Los Angeles, and considering I'm a film major, I'll be around that stuff all the time, and there is more for me out there with film premiers, film showcases, etc. I have a job awaiting me for when I got out there. I get to bring my car and can drive up to a Raiders game. F***ing LA Kings, the Lakers! Living is cheaper out there versus new york city.

LA Cons - I won't know anyone, and will probably room with some fat guy whose into group sex and world of warcraft. It's Los Angeles, f***ing earthquakes dude. The school I got into is just a state school.

NYC Pros - It's New York, I'll never be bored. Practically every band will tour through the city. I have a potential roommate already, buddy of mine for almost 8 years now. The school I got into is an art school, and would look better on resumes. I'll get a crap load of exercise walking around the city all the time.

NYC Cons - It's New York, everyone there is either an a**hole or doesn't speak English. My potential roommate is extremely inconsistent and will most likely never pay rent on time. The school I got into is an art school that I'm afraid won't be recognizable to alot of people. The school only accepted 37 of my 60 credits considering their cirriculum is totally different which makes me a sophmore again; I would be a junior now.

help?
If you are saying you need another year of highscool for NYC then go to LA
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
My advice is don't go to film school. It just means you'll start at the bottom of the ladder in three years rather than now.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
which two schools?

i like NY much better than LA as a city. LA is really more of a sprawl than an urban center. it depends on where you are. if your roommate is a problem, you can get another one when you get there.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Rankles
My advice is don't go to film school. It just means you'll start at the bottom of the ladder in three years rather than now.

im actually going into film studies to become a film teacher
Quote by kaktusnpoop
im transferring from college

in that case, NYC
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Zugunruhe
which two schools?

i like NY much better than LA as a city. LA is really more of a sprawl than an urban center. it depends on where you are. if your roommate is a problem, you can get another one when you get there.

yeah the roommate is the least of my concern, cuz theres all those roommate websites

i got into Cal State La and The School of Visual Arts in NYC
I live in LA, and dont worry about earthquakes...we havent hardly have any...which might mean we might have one soon. But still not that bad, for LA a con should be gangs, it gets annoying you cant wear red or blue here, but whatever. I say go to LA, but just so you know Hollywood is what its made out to be as all "glamorous" and just. Basically just a small part of Hollywood is nice, but the rest is full of bums and whatever. Your choice.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
I live in LA, and I say NY!
But hey, your life. What school in LA did you get into?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by kaktusnpoop
Cal State La

oh, ok. Congrats! I drive by there on my way to North Hollywood.
Tarts up there is right, we may be due for a big earthquake soon. There is a gang problem, but using common sense and good judgment lessens the threat when you're off campus.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I would say NYC. No earthquakes, no gangs, and really, the people there are nice unless you arent. NYC has lots of great stores, and alot of just awesome stuff. And if you already have a roommate lined up for NY, you just have to make sure he becomes a more resposible person, and you should be set.
is the la school ucla? if it is, go there. jim morrison and ray manzarek did. also, la is cooler.