alright so right now i am really clueless as to what amp i should get. i cant seem to find one that would suit me without being super expensive. so now i come to you guys for advice. i am willing to save up for whatever you guys recommend, because i will try to get it off of ebay. so here are the kind of bands that i like. megadeth, metallica, dethlok, led zeppelin, beatles, iron maiden, black sabbath, zz top and some other hard rock/classic rock/blues artists. so can you guys recommend me an amp, preferably a tube combo amp with no more the 50 watts
also dont recommend valvekings, b-52's, or bugeras
well its stupid that you just put in the bands you like because there all completely diffrent styles tonally.
what is it you play.

but from what you said so far id say Orange tiny terror or a Vox i think the Tiny terro would be better for most of what you play
why not valvekings? there nearly perfect for what you play

the only other one i can think of is the Peavey Windsor, but i think that's over your wattage limit

you do realize, sometimes you can't be picky, right?
What's your budget? If it's under $500, then you need to suck it up and look at VKs, Bugeras, and B-52s.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i said i wouldnt mind buying used. also i am saving up for one so this will be somewhat of a long term kind of thing
and yes an f50 would be an option
the reason i am asking you guys is for the exact reason mentioned above a few posts, because i cant find an amp that does all those genres well. also
Valveking can do all those bands just fine with a preamp tube change and speaker change. Dethklok is a bit of a stretch but i can get there tone just a bit muddier and grainer then using a 1600 dollar Krank amp... Which is what you would expect when comparing a 500 dollar amp to one that costs three times more.
Classic 30 with a couple effects pedals? Or just save us for a budget crunching Mesa.
Quote by ironman1478
i said i wouldnt mind buying used. also i am saving up for one so this will be somewhat of a long term kind of thing
and yes an f50 would be an option
the reason i am asking you guys is for the exact reason mentioned above a few posts, because i cant find an amp that does all those genres well. also

That's because you don't have enough money to play with - beggars can't be choosers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ i dont have enough money yet. i have a job as a lifeguard and i tell you this. your better of with having no job rather than being a lifeguard
I was a lifeguard once, the pay wasn't as good as the "benefits" if you follow. No, no amp does all these things well. Unless you plan on saving more lives than the Hoff on Baywatch. But still, classic 30 and suck it up brother. Or save your ars off and buy two or three good amps. That's fun too.
Quote by ironman1478
^ i dont have enough money yet. i have a job as a lifeguard and i tell you this. your better of with having no job rather than being a lifeguard

surely there's no shortage of stupid people ot rescue though?

you need to live within your means, if you need an amp there's no point dreaming about $3,000 bits of kit if it's going to take years to save up for them - it's highly likely that some crap's going to get in the way anyway and scupper your plans...crap like life!

There's plenty of affordable amps out there that can do a job for you, namesly the Valvekings, B52s and Bugeras that you explicitly said not to recommend.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
While I expect Mr Seagull has been drinking based on the fact that it's like 2am where he lives and his typing is suffering seriously, his message is very spot on. (Sorry Mark, I got the next round). Sometimes close is good enough based on life and budgets etc.
Edit: fixed a typo cuz I was drinkin' too...
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 14, 2008,
that was really harsh dude, but whatever. i personally dislike those certain brands(overkill wattage wise for me). i know the valveking is good with certain swaps but i cant get parts like that around where i live