Hi. I'm currently taking grade 11 Computer Sciences, which is basically computer programming. We are using visual basics, and I asked my teacher of a more practical programming source I could use to expand my knowledge. He recommended "Python" and got me started on it. The only problem is, that I installed it, and downloaded and IDE, but the IDE will not work. I'm not sure if it's because it is not compatible with Vista or not, but I'm confused. When I click on the install application which is a python file. the system 32 window comes up, and goes away immediately.

What's wrong? It's Eric4, which is the IDE. If anyone has any ideas, or can type up a step by step, or suggest and even better IDE, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
He might have meant the Python language...are you sure he meant the program?

I use Python (the program) as a server to bypass physics restrictions in some games I play.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Whether he meant the program or the language or whatever... I don't understand either of it.

I though I would need a IDE to make my own interfaces and everything.

Would someone be able to explain this stuff to me, perhaps?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way