okay i had fret buzz on my low e string so i tried changing the action as adviced from ug but no matter how hard i try it just doesnt seem to go away (it is mainly occuring when i lift off) and it has now started happening on other strings, what can i do? iv been tweaking the action for about an hour to no avail and its driving me insane. do you think maybe i should change the strings? or am i being to impatient and should just continue tweaking or shall i just take it to a guitar store and start crying for a tech?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
cry for a tech lol
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
where's the buzz, what frets, or at the nut or bridge?

what type of guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what type of guitar?

Quote by lwayneio's Sig
RG321MH

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you got the other answers too while you're at it?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Nah, but why can't people read...

please don't hurt me...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you're a bit of a pill, huh?

it's best not to assume. u'll learn young pill.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Back on topic: Where? It could be a high fret, or the nut slots are filed too low, or even your neck relief. considering the cost of the guitar, I'd say it's the high fret or the nut
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at May 14, 2008,
yeh it is mainly the first few frets and i have tried playing with the action but it doesnt change it at all its still exactly the same, so if it is the nut or whateva will it be costly?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
sounds like a little back bow.

fret the low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets. 7-9th

if the string lays on the fretwire there you dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, then you have too much.

measure and repost.

if it was just one string, id say to slip a bit of paper under the string at the cut of the nut to raise that string a little.

but if other strings are starting to buzz too, then ud probably do better to add a little bend to ur neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

hmm well there doesnt seem to be any gap but that could be because i have messed up my guitar, everything on it is messed up, i really wish i had never even started trying to adjust it as now one of the strings has snapped as well and none of them stay in tune as well as the buzz its all just gone to sh*t. This has been the crappiest day ever i just hope one of the music shops nearby has someone that can sort this mess out for me.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
ok well, you need to make sure the guitar has 6 strings and that the bridge is level.

after that, then you can remeasure relief again go from there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Go get it set up by a shop. Not guitar center though.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Was the pun in the thread title intentional?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
no that wasnt intentional lol. im so annoyed at myself for trying to fix it myself cos i have just made it worse. im crap at things like that and shudda just left it alone, i was just far to eager to get stuck in and get it done
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube