Okay so it's about the first day I litteraly played guitar all day long. I just noticed that my fretting pinky is a lot swollen. It has about 2mm more then my other one. It's the first time it happens and I'm unsure if I should keep playing for today, or if I should stop so it doesn't get worse. The reason is I don't want it to last for a few days. Thanks
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

stop playin and ice it
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
WTF is your avatar?

Anyway, keep playing, but don't use your pinky.

I-No, a character from Guilty Gear games.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

i would stop playing and put ice on it.....i understand y ur asking, cause i wouldnt wanna have 2 stop playing my guitar either, lol
Well it's the tip of the finger. All my fingers kinda burn but that's something I usually just forget about, to keep playing. But my pinky seems like it's burning more then others(after all it's the finger I've used the less), and that's what made me notice it's swollen. My knuckles don't hurt or anything, or at least enough to be considered. It's just the tip of the finger that seems like it got mistreated too much.

I rarely practiced any riffs such high on the neck, which is probably another reason behind this(between 14th and 17th fret).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

well first things first, stop playing. take some time off, it might be because of how long you were playing. kinda like working out, parts of your body will swell a little tiny bit after working out strenuously. also its not recommended to "play through the pain" if you start hurting on your arms neck shoulders or hands stop and take a breather. you don't want any problems down the road.

and guilty gear rules.
Quote by z4twenny
well first things first, stop playing. take some time off, it might be because of how long you were playing. kinda like working out, parts of your body will swell a little tiny bit after working out strenuously. also its not recommended to "play through the pain" if you start hurting on your arms neck shoulders or hands stop and take a breather. you don't want any problems down the road.

and guilty gear rules.

Thanks for the advice. I took a break for a few hours after posting about this, and played maybe 45 minutes later on, but yeah it still hurted so I stopped. Really I have nothing wrong with my arms/shoulder or anything. It's really just my fretting hand.

Taking a break I noticed my palm also hurts, so I'm guessing I really did play too much.

Oh and by saying playing through the pain, I meant when you have played for a few hours and have the tips of the fingers a little sensible. It's really not pain as in exercising, but more of the consequence of sliding your fingers on a little gauge string for hours.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at May 15, 2008,