Written in the midst of a terrible writer's block.
But I had to put something up.
Don't expect brilliance. C4C

L'espirt d'escalier

I tap your reserves;
A spew of hot air.
I only have silence
When I've nothing to draw.
I need you right now
But you're totally dry.
I had something to say
But the moment is gone.

Festering in anger,
In pacing disbelief.
How did that happen?
My mouth is never tamed.

Diction is a curse
In the heat of the moment.

Slowly but surely
The stream lurches open.
Ideas wander forth
From previous abyss.
Where were you
When I was fasting in famine?

The wit of the stairway
Claims another sorry victim.
Last edited by my name is Pete at May 14, 2008,
Nothing screams "pretentious" like a french title.

But it's sweet man. Got a song to go with it?
Hi, I'm a French Canadian and I don't really understand the link between the lyrics and the title. In English, this title could be translated as Stairway's Spirit.

Can you explain me this please ? Thanks a lot !
The world is a vampire. - Billy Corgan
haha I like it. It put a smile on my face for some reason. I really like the idea behind it.
I never knew what those things were called so now I know, they happen to me a lot. Nicely done.

Love the Low end
thank you very much for your words on mine, they're very much appreciated.

well, i don't mean to be negative, but i liked your previous quite alot better.
what made this tough to read is that, there's no rhyme pattern - usually this wouldn't bother me, but the structure is what made it awkward. is it supposed to be a song, maybe? i figured it might be, but i thought i'd ask.
i do like the subject matter.

i will say though, that the best way to overcome your block is to write it out. sooner or later you won't even know that it's gone.
Nahh, it's just free verse. It was a deliberate attempt at what you suggested: writing out my writer's block. Oh, and it was written mostly for novelty, too.. Personally, I don't like it as much as my previous work, but I felt like I had to post something new (and overcome writer's block). xP

I feel slightly more literate than earlier, so I think it helped. I may be writing some new things soon, which should be a lot better than this. x'D
Last edited by my name is Pete at May 14, 2008,
Quote by my name is Pete

But I had to put something up.

Quote by my name is Pete
Personally, I don't like it as much as my previous work, but I felt like I had to post something new (and overcome writer's block). xP

You know, I don't want to be an all-negative party pooper but I couldn't let this go. You shouldn't write just because you wanted to post something. If you're going to keep that attitude up, you'll start writing for the sake of posting and the quality of your work will go down. Trust me, I've been there. Write for yourself, not for UG.

Writing yourself out of a writer's block is a good thing to do, but if it doesn't work then take a break from writing and wait for some inspiration to pop up. Don't force yourself.
Quote by phantom1
You know, I don't want to be an all-negative party pooper but I couldn't let this go. You shouldn't write just because you wanted to post something. If you're going to keep that attitude up, you'll start writing for the sake of posting and the quality of your work will go down. Trust me, I've been there. Write for yourself, not for UG.

Writing yourself out of a writer's block is a good thing to do, but if it doesn't work then take a break from writing and wait for some inspiration to pop up. Don't force yourself.

Word. That's funny I was gonna say the same thing... til I saw this post lol. Wicked Agree 100%.

But Yeah no sorry, this poem didn't really do anything for me. will look forward to better...
Rock On HARDCORE

Please crit this. My fav piece that I've written.
Goodbye

Forum for tattoo artists/painting and drawing: Electronic Ink
Hahahah i would do a stanza by stanza but i'm much too lazy at them moment. so.. I thought this was funny haha. iono the idea is quite genius.

brevity is the soul of wit. 'nough said. kudos.
It's not stalking to watch her sleep if she fell asleep watching a movie.
a silly wind
(\__/)
(='.'=) LoNg LivE tHe BunNy!
(")_(")
Quote by phantom1

I know what you mean.

But let me explain this really quick: I didn't mean I wrote it to post something. I wrote it for myself (well, I wrote it because I wanted to write a poem about the subject.. I'd consider that writing for myself, so to speak), it's just that normally I wouldn't post something like that. But I posted it because I hadn't posted something in a while.

Sorry for the bad translation. =D

But I see what you mean. Thanks for all your help. I think I may write another one with the same idea. I'll just put a little more thought into it. xD
Quote by phantom1

Self-effacing I'd say.

No need to, it's good stuff
Quote by my name is Pete
I heard it described as "the wit of the staircase."

l'esprit de l'escalier
Meaning a witty retort or comeback that didn't occur to you until after the conversation was over.

EDIT: They actually have a website devoted to these experiences: http://www.jamesedmunds.com/shoulda/

I just spent a good hour and a half reading stories on that website, LOL.

Good piece, though!
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.