I have a Schecter Damien 6 with EMG HZ (passive) pickups, and it's in the shop right now getting the 60/81 combo installed. Along with a restring of DR LiveWire strings, $70.00 USD total. Good Deal, Bad Deal?

One place (Music Center) asked $50.00-75.00 a pickup, plus whatever it would cost to route the back for the battery, and the wiring.

I had the pickups already, they just have to install them.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Last edited by StillSoundRG at May 14, 2008,
You bastard. Thanks.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
I'm not familiar with your exact guitar but why do they need to route a bettery cavity? In my experience it's rarely needed. I just installed a set of pickups and I had more than enough room to stuff two 9 volts in there.

As far as if you're getting a good deal, it's pretty decent. My local shop charges $45 for pickup installation.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
I have enough room in the back of my hagstrom that I could install 3 batteries.... no need to route at all. I think the only time people need to route is with Ibanez and slimline guitars.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I would never pay someone to do this work for me. It takes about 5 mins, from taking the strings off to putting them back on.

Edit: There should be enough space in a Damien control cavity to put the battery(-ies). You could have spent £5 ($10) on a soldering iron, and done it yourself.