You like a band.. or a song. You like them a lot. Then you listen to them more often, you're a fan right? Then other people that you know like at school or something start liking this band too. You like this band since the start, and now some kids are finding out about this band then you start to not like the band. Whether its the fact of bands selling out and staying underground maybe thats why? or just the fact that you wanna be the only one who listens to it other than other real fans and not some posers who listen to it and only like one song and they say theryre a fan... selling out... or mellowing or downtoning or turning emo...who agrees? one band thats an exampel for me is AFI, ive liked since the start. when they were punk. true just straight forward punk. now they release a couple hits and guess what some emo **** cutters start liking them because of one song and there goes AFI's reputation. i mean i like their music everything from them, but the new poser fans just make me wanna vomit knowing im classifed into the same category as them: an AFI fan. but AFI is not the only one. there tons of bands i like because i absolutely love music. i like them and guess what bang im not a fan because otehr people find out about them. or some.

can anyone relate?
i hate when people think they like soundgaren, but only like black hole sun.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
ya, i know what u mean
luckily, nevermore is wierd enough that im the only guy who likes them..other than my drummer
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
this is so true so many bands are this way they sell out but then there are bands that suck from the start the dreaded "pop" bands! like fall out boy every one of their songs is a simple 3-5 chords progression thats it 3 chords thats it!!!!!!!! i hate them. i can't believe the guitarist has a signature guitar. i think they should be a disney channel band seriously they should have done that they would be better off, disney recognizes no talent!
Quote by i_r_guitar
this is so true so many bands are this way they sell out but then there are bands that suck from the start the dreaded "pop" bands! like fall out boy every one of their songs is a simple 3-5 chords progression thats it 3 chords thats it!!!!!!!! i hate them. i can't believe the guitarist has a signature guitar. i think they should be a disney channel band seriously they should have done that they would be better off, disney recognizes no talent!

hmm some bands really DO sell out. but not most. as you get older your mind just changes.. and your sense of music changes... i mean you cant be 20 years old forever sooner or later you are gonna tone down and loosen up a little. but liek i said some bands just tone down way too drastically haha
I know this kid who seriously hears about a band, listens to them, and becomes obsessed and just becomes a complete retart I swear, he makes up stuff about bands just to impress people.
That was kinda like me in elementary school with My Chemical Romance and The Used. Lately though, In Flames has been a big one, since they sold out and took the rock label, they've been gettign so much attention, but the wrong kind.
fallchild. AFI started in 1992, which is 2 years before your were born. they've been around before you were even sperm in your dads bits, so you're b.s.ing saying you've followed them since the start.

The truth is, you got the band from someone else, latched on to them, and went bat **** insane when someone else tried to enjoy them too. AFI has been mainstream since 2003, when Sing the Sorrow started to get airplay, which is when you were 9, so you're five years late complaining about how "everyone likes them now".

AFI isn't underground, and their music isn't "yours" to decide who gets to enjoy it and who doesn't. If discovering something before someone else means you get possesion over it, I pretty much revoke your right to every band you even listen to, because chances are I heard of them before you did.

So people like the same music as you? Deal with it.

Music is for everyone to enjoy.
Quote by Aveks
fallchild. AFI started in 1992, which is 2 years before your were born. they've been around before you were even sperm in your dads bits, so you're b.s.ing saying you've followed them since the start.

The truth is, you got the band from someone else, latched on to them, and went bat **** insane when someone else tried to enjoy them too. AFI has been mainstream since 2003, when Sing the Sorrow started to get airplay, which is when you were 9, so you're five years late complaining about how "everyone likes them now".

AFI isn't underground, and their music isn't "yours" to decide who gets to enjoy it and who doesn't. If discovering something before someone else means you get possesion over it, I pretty much revoke your right to every band you even listen to, because chances are I heard of them before you did.

So people like the same music as you? Deal with it.

Music is for everyone to enjoy.

hey man ok maybe i exaggerated about knowing them from the start but i practiaclly have. ive known them since as long as ive remembered, and ive listened to them for very long time. ive had CD's since forever from my dad mostly so ive practically grew up wit them.thanks.
I love AFI. I'll admit I like Sing the Sorrow, Art of Drowning, and Black Sails more than anything else they put out before those. I don't care if some people start liking them because they're getting media attention. If anything, I'm glad that people are getting into them, regardless of what album.

FYI, Black Sails and Art Of Drowning are closer to emo music than STS or Decemberunderground.

off topic: is your name from the song Fall Children from the All Hallows EP?
Quote by FireandFlames
I love AFI. I'll admit I like Sing the Sorrow, Art of Drowning, and Black Sails more than anything else they put out before those. I don't care if some people start liking them because they're getting media attention. If anything, I'm glad that people are getting into them, regardless of what album.

FYI, Black Sails and Art Of Drowning are closer to emo music than STS or Decemberunderground.

off topic: is your name from the song Fall Children from the All Hallows EP?

hmm i dont really udnerstand your statement: "
FYI, Black Sails and Art Of Drowning are closer to emo music than STS or Decemberunderground."

and yes my name is from that song
Quote by xfallchildx
hey man ok maybe i exaggerated about knowing them from the start but i practiaclly have. ive known them since as long as ive remembered, and ive listened to them for very long time. ive had CD's since forever from my dad mostly so ive practically grew up wit them.thanks.

that wasn't the point of my post.

my point is that you need to understand that unless you write, compose, and play every piece of an album or song, its not your music, and you have no right to complain about whats done with it.
Quote by xfallchildx
hmm i dont really udnerstand your statement: "
FYI, Black Sails and Art Of Drowning are closer to emo music than STS or Decemberunderground."

and yes my name is from that song

Because emo is a sub-genre of hardcore punk that branched off from it in the mid 80s. Emo is hardcore with more emotive lyrical content, not some wrist-cutting suburban white kid in girl jeans. Songs like Narrative of Soul Against Soul and A Story At Three would be closer to emo than songs like Kiss & Control, This Time Imperfect, and Endlessly She Said.

Quote by xfallchildx
its an opinion

Even so, you don't have to bitch because some people are discovering a band you like.
Quote by FireandFlames
Because emo is a sub-genre of hardcore punk that branched off from it in the mid 80s. Emo is hardcore with more emotive lyrical content, not some wrist-cutting suburban white kid in girl jeans. Songs like Narrative of Soul Against Soul and A Story At Three would be closer to emo than songs like Kiss & Control, This Time Imperfect, and Endlessly She Said.

Even so, you don't have to bitch because some people are discovering a band you like.

yea but most of the new fans are "emo" which im pointing out which im saying most people dont judge by lyrics they will look at them and just say hey that guy likes AFI and look at the way he dresses and the way he looks thats a typical afi fan.
Quote by xfallchildx
its an opinion

i've said all i feel like i need to say.
Quote by xfallchildx
yea but most of the new fans are "emo" which im pointing out which im saying most people dont judge by lyrics they will look at them and just say hey that guy likes AFI and look at the way he dresses and the way he looks thats a typical afi fan.

So? As long as you like them, what should someone's stereotype of an AFI fan matter to you?

I'm done here.
Its okay If they still make great music , If it sucks and just make song for just the money then I hate them!
Quote by XTamX
Its okay If they still make great music , If it sucks and just make song for just the money then I hate them!

i like your sum 41 avatar.
Quote by XTamX
Thanks

Aveks

ehhhh...

i was being sarcastic. thought you would catch it. sorry to shoot you down.
Quote by Aveks
ehhhh...

i was being sarcastic. thought you would catch it. sorry to shoot you down.

I love you