seriously, i am having such an off day today with guitar and can't play anything. all i do when i have days like this is do music theory and play a bunch of chord progressions. so i want to know what you guys do when you have off days
i do a lot of theory like you. and i work on my scales
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
I scream WHAT THE **** and I shake out my hands.
I try again...
Unsuccessful --> walk out of my room pissed and eat something.
Successful --> plays.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I practice my slow black metal intros.
[IMG]http://a138.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_edf7c8282544c28b1bdd9b0dd665b671.jpg[/IMG]
I've been meaning to learn some music theory. ( Know almost nothing ) But I usually just play guitar or skate.
I smoke some pot and play the main riff from "Cliffs of Dover" until I think of something.

If Cliffs doesn't do the trick, I grab an acoustic and jam along with some live Grateful Dead tracks.
I've never experienced a day that was not an off day. So going by that, i do anything on an off day.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by rhcpfan27
i do a lot of theory like you. and i work on my scales

that, or get pissed off and go listen to some Def Leppard or something... :P
Just think of the guitar player that inspires you to get better at it, Randy Rhoads usualy does the trick, reading guitar world's helps alot.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
i throw my pick... a lot. lost a couple down the air vents
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
I'll play a lot of basic songs and scales. For me, its usually a matter of stiff hands after a day at work.

Taking it easy for a half-hour or so limbers up my hands pretty well.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I normally sit and alt pick my E string till i think of something... maybe throw in a few notes in the alt pick..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
watch tv for an hour then try again or theory (should do theory all the time -,- sucky @ it)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I lay on my back on my bed and just play the same pattern over and over and over. Actually, that tends to happen every time I play after a prolonged period of time. The pattern is usually only 4-8 notes.
i'm so bad if it's an off day i cant really play much......... but i'm trying to learn chords and scales
I go do something else, but I've never really had a bad off-day I guess.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by iTzMaTT
I scream WHAT THE **** and I shake out my hands.
I try again...
Unsuccessful --> walk out of my room pissed and eat something.
Successful --> plays.

^and if im still ****ing up i'll just knock off and start drinking. (its what the pros do)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I play video games or read the news. Pretty much just lay off guitar for the day, maybe practice viola or bass.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I've never had an off day.

That could mean that everyday is an off day for me, hmmm... .
i practice doing lead runs and scales. i suck at lead ,so i dont get pissed as bad as i do when my chord hand gets ADD
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I stop playing and get back to it later. If it's still no good thats it for the day.
Quote by pressyre
I lay on my back on my bed and just play the same pattern over and over and over. Actually, that tends to happen every time I play after a prolonged period of time. The pattern is usually only 4-8 notes.

i do the same thing, i am behind on so much sleep because i stay up late and wake up early for school so like if im having an off day i usually lay on my bed and keep playing and trying to write stuff and i usually end up falling asleep until my guitar builds enough feedback to piss my dad off and he will wake me up and tell me to shut the **** up
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
I try to do things like service my amp/guitar, you know you have to keep breathing that guitar smell even when you can't play today.

I've noticed that the more angry and upset about something that I am I suddenly get better and more creative with guitar, and dance, yes I dance and I'm not gay get over it!
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.