I thought that the LHC particle accelerator was supposed to go online today but when I looked at the countdown it had been reset to another 54 days....what happend?
I think it's started now, but it will be 54 days before they try and collide anything.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
They're going to keep delaying it, and anyways, the real **** starts when they collide the **** with stuff... and the ****... with the stuff...

w00t physics
Looking for my India/Django.
They're sciencing as fast as they can, leave them be!
Quote by HighPotency
What is this "LHC"?

Seriously.

There's this thing called GOOGLE, you see, and basically you can type **** in and it'll give you a bunch of results. The most relevant being the first ones, usually.

Try it.
Quote by HighPotency
What is this "LHC"?

Seriously.

you have a google 30 seconds away from you you lazy bastard.
There's always setbacks with big experiments. They'll be getting data before long.
I wonder how many pitmokeys went out and raped people because they thought they were going to die.
Quote by The Spoon
I wonder how many pitmokeys went out and raped people because they thought they were going to die.

I know I didn't.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
that leaves us 54 days to gather all of ug and travel out there to see this momentous occasion , if all goes well, which it should we may even manage to subliminaly tell them to fund our missile base project.
A clarification

The countdown timer was set to the 15th of May because there was no definite time given for the actual activation, recent events show that CERN wont be dividing by zero until much later on in the year, so now the countdown timer will be reset again and will be continually tweaked to go by the latest info that CERN are releasing.

So sorry to disappoint you all, but you wont be dying tomorrow.

from the LHCcountdown page

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
A clarification

The countdown timer was set to the 15th of May because there was no definite time given for the actual activation, recent events show that CERN wont be dividing by zero until much later on in the year, so now the countdown timer will be reset again and will be continually tweaked to go by the latest info that CERN are releasing.

So sorry to disappoint you all, but you wont be dying tomorrow.

from the LHCcountdown page

someone hacked the LHC website?!
Quote by just17n8
someone hacked the LHC website?!

im not touching that website. it's got the smell of /*/ all over it.
i know!! but who the **** writes : "So sorry to disappoint you all, but you wont be dying tomorrow."

in a scientific serious website?!

edit: ^ coming to think about it... you're right.
Last edited by just17n8 at May 14, 2008,
I looked at the comment in the article and anonymous is all over that...

so im guessing its a joke or something
It's not a "serious scientific website" but just a blog someone's set up to record their work at Cern.
I lol'ed at this comment:

Gordon Freeman Says:
May 14th, 2008 at 1:43 am

Just call me if any help needed…

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
WHO NEEDS THE UG MISSLE SILO NOW!!!!!

I knew we should of bought it.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
at the guys comment on the blog

We are safe according to Falcon Radiation (lol no, Hawkings I think it was), any tiny black hole created would just evaporate since its pull is low...
But if it does, then one of my things from the "list of things to do before dying" thread would actually happen
What the heck! Stupid scientists are going to kill us all just because they want to preform some science experiment on seeing if they can create some way to see how particles aquire mass. According to Wikipedia one of the dangers of the LHC are "Strangelets .If strangelets can actually exist, and if they were produced at LHC, they could conceivably initiate a runaway fusion process (reminiscent of the fictional ice-nine) in which all the nuclei in the planet were converted to strange matter." (so basically our whole planet turns to mush.) This is so stupid.
Quote by Fender_Fever
What the heck! Stupid scientists are going to kill us all just because they want to preform some science experiment on seeing if they can create some way to see how particles aquire mass. According to Wikipedia one of the dangers of the LHC are "Strangelets .If strangelets can actually exist, and if they were produced at LHC, they could conceivably initiate a runaway fusion process (reminiscent of the fictional ice-nine) in which all the nuclei in the planet were converted to strange matter." (so basically our whole planet turns to mush.) This is so stupid.
Anyone who believes Wikipedia is more stupid.
Quote by Fender_Fever
reminiscent of the fictional ice-nine

indeed.

EDIT
Quote by Archaon
They're sciencing as fast as they can, leave them be!

brilliant!
"If you're not a doctor, then you must be... A fox"
*releases hounds*

last.fm
Last edited by funnel at May 14, 2008,