Page 1 of 2
well...anyone else feel like me? i'm just some random 16 year old from some suburb of some city, i've got this unwritten schedule that basically would read, wake up, go to school, homework, sleep, repeat...i found myself to be sleeping a load, taking hour long naps every day, and i'm always tired...i go to sleep from 10:30pm to 6:00 am... also i'm eating a 'bit less than i used to...dunno if it's depression or whatever...

i guess i just feel like i don't really matter...i'm not special, i'm not different, i'm just there...soo...anyone else out there? anyone been here? how'd you get outta this rut?

EDIT: serious answers would be appreciated, but seeing as this is the pit, i'm prepared for a few laughs, probably good for me anyways

EDIT2: anyone know any good music suited towards this kinda attitude...i'm listening to some motion city soundtrack that kinda cheers me up right now...tastes go from pop/punk to metal to everything in between
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Last edited by bobby_splax at May 14, 2008,
buck the **** up

dont follow said schedule, try and mix up the day, hang out with friends, hang out with chicks, u missed out playing guitar.

ya life's gonna suck hard if all you do is go to school and sleep, but thats your own fault.
Maybe you're purpose is to provide us with a better appreciation for feeling like we have a purpose, and fate has compelled you to write this to greaten our lives for the better good.

Or maybe you're just another organism that will die and then rot in the ground.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Quote by the_bear_shark
Maybe you're purpose is to provide us with a better appreciation for feeling like we have a purpose, and fate has compelled you to write this to greaten our lives for the better good.

Or maybe you're just another organism that will die and then rot in the ground.

lol...nothing quite like living for the purpose of beeing a foot-stool

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Your life IS useless.

Your existence means NOTHING.

You are nothing but a insignificant speck on this planet, and even less so on a larger scale.

So, you know what you need to do? Make your life spectacular. Give it purpose. Make it exciting. You can't get anything back if you never put anything in. We all feel like this at times, and the true realization of one's character is how they deal with and live with this fact.

I'll leave you with this quote, as well, because, not only do I like it, but it's perfect truth.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. "
-Ernest Hemingway
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Shib
I recoment extacy.. it makes you pretty happy after a few hours.

ugh.
Change yourself. Don't just sit back and accept what you were given, take more. Be ****ing crazy and don't give a **** what other people think about you. Just be an overall crazier person and you'll live a more exciting life.

And about the always being tired thing, those hour long naps are whats doing it for ya. If you don't take naps after school you won't wake up feeling so tired and ****ty. I actually suggest, and i know you'll call me crazy, but try getting less sleep at night. If you get between 8 and 10 hours a sleep at night, you'll feel tired all day i promise. So for now, until the end of school, try to get about 6 hours of sleep a night, and during the summer try to get about 12. I've been there and that's what worked for me.

Quote by Shib
I recoment extacy.. it makes you pretty happy after a few hours.

I recommend Hooked on Phonics.

Saxo-Walrus

Definitely felt that before.

Really, look around. Just try and find things you want to try out. Explore a little.
I got into writing peoms and stories. I got into playing guitar. I draw. I tried a lot of types
of music. I got into reading Vonnegut.. and I want to learn bass and piano.
For me, it's progression, and exploration.
That, and love. It truly makes me feel like there's something.
LaLaLa ZoomZoomZoom
I know the feeling. I eventually said **** the "schedule" and started living how I wanted to. I don't know if it ended up being positive or negative, but at least I felt "alive".

get some friends that you can screw around and do stupid **** with.
try to start a somewhat serious band.
find a girl you like and start a relationship. THAT will definitely add some excitement to your life, good and bad...
If we're going to be philosophical, everyone's life is meaningless. You think your life is more meaningless then some? It isn't. Everyone is born, everyone will die. So just do things during your life which interest and excite you. And remember, after you leave school life will become more complicated and you will have less time to do the things that you enjoy. So make the most of now.
Quote by subopolois
you lazy cheap bastard

Gear:
ESP LTD M-50
Marshall G80RCD
Boss ME-50
Ernie Ball STHB

Kill Crazy of the Red Dwarf Smeg Heads!
go bridge jumping right now. go. leave. and not to kill yourself. it's beyond fun. (just make sure the rivers deep enough)
Welcome to life.

*sips wine*

50/50 reference, anyone gettting it gets uber e-cookies.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
......Satan.

*sips wine*

Fixed.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Pavura

That, and love. It truly makes me feel like there's something.

ugh...i've had about enough of that crap...nothing makes me feel worse than knowing how much of a failure i am...and how futile my current situation is...not going to divulge into that pile of **** though...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
That's why I said 50/50

You friggin' doushbeage.

Yet another reference!
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
If your religious,get more involved with however your religion congregates.

Also, being in a relationship with someone you actually care about,not someone who you're dating just to be dating.

Both of those have made me much happier.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I am being completely serious when I say this, but you're right, you don't know your purpose yet. You're caught in between that hellhole of puberty and adulthood. So many kids just don't make it through, and they fail. Just hold out a bit longer dude, you'll think of your purpose one day, and when you do, you'll be very happy
At this age what do you expect? We have such heightened emotions and are just beginning to find ourselves. We're at that stage where we're growing independent.. but not financially, so there's conflict in mind as to where we're going and what we're doing with our lives.
Best thing to do is to just enjoy yourself with whatever you can. Go out with friends, play your guitar, find some hobby, and just spend your time in such a way that you feel at least somewhat accomplished or content.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by bobby_splax
well...anyone else feel like me? i'm just some random 16 year old from some suburb of some city, i've got this unwritten schedule that basically would read, wake up, go to school, homework, sleep, repeat...i found myself to be sleeping a load, taking hour long naps every day, and i'm always tired...i go to sleep from 10:30pm to 6:00 am... also i'm eating a 'bit less than i used to...dunno if it's depression or whatever...

i guess i just feel like i don't really matter...i'm not special, i'm not different, i'm just there...soo...anyone else out there? anyone been here? how'd you get outta this rut?

EDIT: serious answers would be appreciated, but seeing as this is the pit, i'm prepared for a few laughs, probably good for me anyways

EDIT2: anyone know any good music suited towards this kinda attitude...i'm listening to some motion city soundtrack that kinda cheers me up right now...tastes go from pop/punk to metal to everything in between

Yeah, I know what you mean.. Especially when I'm alone with my thoughts, I just think, "We all do the exact thing every day, It's all pointless, how can people be happy?"

EDIT: It isn't very often that I feel like this though... Others have given good suggestions, follow their advice.
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at May 14, 2008,
Here read this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859308
When you're done, go buy a dozen eggs and egg a cop car. One with cops inside. Then run like hell. And enjoy the moment man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I feel the same way dude. I`m like stuck on the internet or videogames, even though I want to play guitar, and learn theory and do other things, I just can`t bring myself to do it.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by We'realltoBlame
If your religious,get more involved with however your religion congregates.

Also, being in a relationship with someone you actually care about,not someone who you're dating just to be dating.

Both of those have made me much happier.

after a bad run with a christian "rock" band...i can't say religion appeals to me as much as it used to...and for being in a relationship... it's complicated...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i've kind of felt that way for the past few months, but i guess it'll wear off some time. i started feeling like that after listening to Fear of a Blank Planet, which made me think about my life a lot.

EDIT: i think it was cause i got hooked on Halo 3, it started in November so it was dark and crappy out, i still don't have a job and feel bad for mooching off my parents, i don't know what to do in college, and i turned 18 last week, so during the time approaching that, i thought about how i felt i'd wasted my life so far, and how quickly life goes by and crap. idk. it sounded better in muh headz.
Last edited by frottage at May 14, 2008,
im going through the same thing right now,

and add lady troubles, it just sucks
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You're 16.
You're not supposed to be useful.

You just turned 17 a couple days ago..
sup?
Been there dude. Why does there have to be a purpose tho', y'know? You can believe in one if it'll help you get through, but life for me is all about just having fun. Do whatever makes you happy man, and don't worry about the rest because in the end you are the only one who has to die when it is your turn to die. No one else can die for you, so no one else should tell you how to live your life until then.

/Hendrix reference.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Everyone feels useless at 16 years old. I mean, you're too young to achieve anything career-related. You're enduring really general education in high school, looking forward for the day you'll do what you love.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
you gotta switch up your schedule a bit
if your friends want to do something and you just dont feel like it do it anyways
or call them up and go do something
anything other than sitting around your house feeling sorry for yourself
ive gone through it, kinda still am.
no one is going to solve this problem but yourself

good thing about summer coming up is you can go out and do stuff
winter is soo depressing
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
you have to define your own purpose. how much you matter depends on your personal self satisfaction in impacting others. love those around you and do your best to make it a better world and you'll matter to those that matter. the people that matter to you are those that you should matter to.
Quote by esther_mouse
...bingo. signaturisation. like burnination, only even more flamey.

Worth listening to
Dude we all have a purpose in life. You haven't even reached the age of being out on your own fending for yourself and others yet. Just wait.
ಥ_ಥ
Hooray! you named the symptoms of depression. Seriously you are just a depressed teenager, i still am but you cant let it get you down all the time. Go have fun, play guitar and if you arent happy change something to make you happy.
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
We have the same amp.
That must mean something...deep o.O
You're purpose is to combine forces with me to make the super Palomino 16v team!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Page 1 of 2