Page 1 of 2
Graduation day is closely approaching and while everything may be yay! and woohoo! I clearly don't care for the whole high school experience and as much I just want to leave already. What would happen were I not to attend? Could I just pick up the diploma form school the day after?
yeah. you can. atleast i can do that here , in ontario
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
i lost from your sig ^ and as far as I know you can
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Yeah you dont have to go to the graduation ceremony, here they give you a fake diploma onstage anyway
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Wouldn't it be awkward when they call you and no one comes up and everyone stares around blankly?
Quote by Griever988
Wouldn't it be awkward when they call you and no one comes up and everyone stares around blankly?
If you care about this, you should go.
Quote by IronNecrosis
i lost from your sig ^

i totally passed on that. then read your post. i hate you...
anyway, im with the others, i think you can pick it up afterwards
put a smile on, go to your graduation, and go to college. dont be a bum
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Griever988
I don't I'm just asking haha
Well I didn't go to anything when I left school or college. I'm not one for these circle-jerk events when everyone pats each other on the back and swaps phone numbers they'll never call. It wasn't a big deal. I don't know what happened with me not being there - I suspect my tutors knew I wouldn't bother. It doesn't matter though.
Of course im going to college im just not very fond of the school experience itself :P
Just go. You put 12 years into school so I'm sure a few hours can't be that painful. But if you really don't want to, yeah, you can pick it up later. They aren't gonna deny you your diploma just because you didn't go to the ceremony.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Why not ask a teacher or a counselor at your school, who actually knows the correct answer, instead of relying on an internet forum?

Just a suggestion. *shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by smb
Well I didn't go to anything when I left school or college. I'm not one for these circle-jerk events when everyone pats each other on the back and swaps phone numbers they'll never call. It wasn't a big deal. I don't know what happened with me not being there - I suspect my tutors knew I wouldn't bother. It doesn't matter though.

Finally someone who agrees! and im sure you never felt regret for not going now did you?
Quote by Griever988
Of course im going to college im just not very fond of the school experience itself :P

I dont like my high school either but Im still going to the graduation ceremony
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Griever988
Finally someone who agrees! and im sure you never felt regret for not going now did you?
Never thought about it until this thread.
Quote by Banlieue
Go to your graduation. You will regret it later if you don't.

Really? I didn't go to any dance, major or not (prom) or events of the sort, and I feel no remorse. Maybe I'm just weird like that?
A bunch of my friends and I missed our graduation ceremony cos it was the same day we traveled to our first Download Festival.

Totally worth it.

I don't need a piece of paper and a 'congratulations' from teachers I didn't like to show me I got out of that piece of crap school.

I don't regret it one bit. My year mainly consisted of self-pleasing douchebags. The only people I cared about were traveling to Donington with me. So no regrets at all.
Quote by _deeperthewound
A bunch of my friends and I missed our graduation ceremony cos it was the same day we traveled to our first Download Festival.

Totally worth it.

I don't need a piece of paper and a 'congratulations' from teachers I didn't like to show me I got out of that piece of crap school.

Exactly, what is the point of it? You made it, you're done with it and you don't need any congrats from people who you probably never liked to begin with.
do yall have to go back to school after graduation?

i do...am. we had the ceremony last thursday and have to go until monday. its to "deter bad behavior at the ceremony". apparently in 1982, the students threw some stuff (golf balls, beach balls, paper balls, ball balls) at the speaker, who happened to be Miss Oklahoma (the state i am in), and we are still paying for it. oh well, hearing my name as i walked across the stage was suprisingly exhilerating.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Not in my school we won't have to, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some mischief.
Quote by Griever988
Exactly, what is the point of it? You made it, you're done with it and you don't need any congrats from people who you probably never liked to begin with.

Exactly. Although, I have to say, us lot would probably have been at our ceremony, had we not been on a bus to England at the time.

If you have something better to do, don't bother.

But if you think you'll have an alright time with your friends and stuff, then go.

Either way, it's not the huge deal it's made out to be. 'You've finished High School.' Big whoop.
I think you should go. Assuming that you live with your parents and that you have a good relationship with them, you should go to make them proud.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
I'll tell you what the "almighty" principal told my school:

"You go to graduation for your parents, not for yourself. They worked hard to get you this far."

I suppose they have a point.

But just think of all the painful long days you spent waiting for the bell to finally ring.

Think of the exams you took which made you stay up all night studying!

Think of the moments when the guy whose locker was beside yours got expelled from
school for weed possession.

Think of the teachers that tried hard to (de)motivate you.

Think about the times you had to speak in front of class and had to face the fear of public
speaking.

Graduation day gets you the chance to say _|_ "**** Yeah! I'm going home!" _|_

But that's just my opinion.
I never studied for exams and yet somehow managed to get a B or C at the lowest of course there were occasional bad grades, never used a locker in my whole life, no teacher ever tried to de-motivate me...so....I dont know O.o
What are they going to do, send you to detention? I would never go to graduation. Eff that!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
What's the problem? Do you not have any friends or something?
I skipped my highschool graduation. Real men don't wear gowns.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I don't see a point to it either, it's just like prom and all other events the average High Schooler loves to go to and waste time. I personally never saw a point in them.
Quote by Griever988
Graduation day is closely approaching and while everything may be yay! and woohoo! I clearly don't care for the whole high school experience and as much I just want to leave already. What would happen were I not to attend? Could I just pick up the diploma form school the day after?

Go to your damn graduation, what are you going to lose anyway?
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by daeqwon10000
Go your graudation, It's a satisfy feeling, like when you go outside for the first time, try that too.

And. Nice bit of ownage there.
ಥ_ಥ
I went for my family. I watched everyone cry and hug and then stood with them in a packed hallway while we waited to be led into the gym. When we were seated I sat next to some girl I had never met and some guy that always joked with me about "billy beer." Then for the next two hours I sat and sweated my ass off while speeches that were less than stellar were made (minus one), a band that was composed of guys that could barely play farting their way through some Oasis covers and finally, the calling of names. At that point I made my way up on stage, shook hands with someone that was probably as thrilled to be there as I was and then, after giving ups to Biggie, sat back down for everything to come to a close.

After the ceremony was over I found my family, gave them my stuff (hat, gown, fake diploma) and then told them I'd see them at home. I was one of the first people out of the parking lot.

Looking back on it now, I realize that I did the right thing by going for my family, but I still see it as a hot, sweaty, sonically offensive and irritating affair.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
yes you can just get it from the school. but does your family want to see you at graduation? if they really want to, do it for them. seriously.
Sure, I'm not going to it. No point really, I'm gonna pick up my diploma later and it's not like it's a social event either.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Griever988

i think you hand them a piece of paper with your name. a lot of possibilities there...
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Here in NB the principle told us if we don't like how he planned graduation, we can not show up and he'll mail them too us.
Quote by pimpslap1236
the cops will lie to you. accept it. believing things they say is the intellectual equivalent of sticking your dick in a pencil sharpener.

R.I.P Samantha
i never actually picked up my diploma after graduation.

i wonder if that will come back and bite me in the ass some day?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Page 1 of 2