I have a Marshall DSL401 right now and I'm not very pleased with it. I dont like the clean and the overdrive is ok. I was playing through a Fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue the other day at guitar center and I really liked it. It had a really sick clean sound and the vibrato channels is awesome too. I was wondering if I put a fuzz or an overdrive pedal in front of the Twin would I be able to get tones close to the Marshall? I play an Epiphone SG and an Epiphone Sheraton II. I play some country, Guns n' Roses, Pearl Jam, Eric Clapton and Blind Melon. Would I be able to get enough overdrive to play those styles too?
Iv'e used twins for years.The closest I could get to a marshall sound was using a Barber eq. It has three different voicings one being a plexi. Twins are great. Accept all types of pedals. But they are loud and will not distort.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Oh hai. I'm havin' teh twinz...

and I love the guvnor through it. Gets you all the way up to van halen, and everything in between sounds pretty damn convincing.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
I got the closest with an HAO RustDriver. A MI Audio Crunchbox works well, too.
Yeah... I feel like we're talking dramatically different price ranges, though. I'm sure those are better, but the guv'nor has left me satisfied.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Quote by carniferous
Yeah... I feel like we're talking dramatically different price ranges, though. I'm sure those are better, but the guv'nor has left me satisfied.

Yes, we are.

But the TS didn't set a budget, so I went with the best.
Aye. And I'm just here because a friend (the.spine.surfs) said he recommended the guv'nor and cited me as a source of info. It's all i have firsthand experience with.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Quote by carniferous
Aye. And I'm just here because a friend (the.spine.surfs) said he recommended the guv'nor and cited me as a source of info. It's all i have firsthand experience with.

Sorry, mate, I'll try not to get your opinions trodden on again.

But I like the Guvnor too. Where does that leave me?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Sorry, mate, I'll try not to get your opinions trodden on again.

But I like the Guvnor too. Where does that leave me?

Aww. I didn't mean to trod.

Now I feel bad....
As long as it was unintentional trodding, I don't feel that there was any harm done.

Here's to your amazing taste in and knowledge of pedals.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.