For those styles, you're golden. Mabye add an OD, for fun.

Consider the Classic 30, a 4x10 combo is a bitch to move around.
You can just pull a pair of the power tubes, and switch the speaker output's impedance to cut the wattage in half (gotten from the laney thread, and it worked great with my 4x10).
But, the whole series are great amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by LP Addict
its a 2x12 one. so no biggy, i also have a brand new set of celestion vintage 30s, and g12 80's for it...

It's still a big amp, mate.
I use a Classic 50, it can be loud as hell. But I recall one of the users telling me there is very little volume difference between the 50 and 30. The 50 should just have more headroom, as far as bedroom practicing mine has worked out fine. Just wish I could crank it every so often. However the volume itself isn't a problem I just keep the volume low and the amp still sounds pretty good. It just sounds amazing when turned up.

Anywho i'd still suggest 30 due to it's small size and portability but the 50 is still great. If you look in my profile you'll find a couple MP3's done with the Classic 50 amp. It's one of the new 2x12 ones. Snagged it for $400 new.

Great choice in amp BTW. Also check out the Traynors and Crate tube amps if your looking into the classics.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 14, 2008,
^same here, but should mine due to portability issue and loudness (those things are hell of loud just for bedroom, for me at least). Should it for $450 so made $50 dollars off it after using it for 3-5 months (not sure how long i had it). Now just looking for a Palomino v8 or Crate v5, maybe a blackheart (but those things are damn expensive) but this is beside the point. Go for it if you like them, they are amazing sound wise, but just not the right amp for me right now. Maybe if i start gigging i might buy one again, for cheaper price or upgrade totally to a Mesa Mark IV.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
id be getting this thing for about 125 dollars... its beat to **** but its 2 years old, so all the circuitry is perfect. it would lead to a fun project : an amp-transplant into another box i would build.

ADD ME ZEP i wanna hear that stuff.
^Wow, for that low? Better make sure it works for more than 10 second. I say, check, check, check. Its either their stupid and your lucky, or the amp is broken and your unlucky/stupid. Hopefully your just lucky to get it for that price even though its beat up, as long as it play as it should then thats a steal
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^same here, but should mine due to portability issue and loudness (those things are hell of loud just for bedroom, for me at least). Should it for $450 so made $50 dollars off it after using it for 3-5 months (not sure how long i had it). Now just looking for a Palomino v8 or Crate v5, maybe a blackheart (but those things are damn expensive) but this is beside the point. Go for it if you like them, they are amazing sound wise, but just not the right amp for me right now. Maybe if i start gigging i might buy one again, for cheaper price or upgrade totally to a Mesa Mark IV.

Oh I know what your talking about and definitely agree. For the last three months i've really been thinking of selling my C50 and getting a nice 5 watter. It sounds great at low and especially at high volumes.
However that cranked power tube saturation is just impossible to get, so i'd definitely want a smaller amp. Also it would be much easier to carry, the C50 even with 2x12 is really heavy.

But like you said it would make a great gigging amp and since I got such a great deal on a nice sounding amp, I figure i'd keep it for when I do gig. Even if I almost never play live it'll be worth it to turn this baby up. Right now though i'm getting a job and saving to get a cheaper low wattage tube amp for bedroom use and jamming.

Quote by LP Addict
id be getting this thing for about 125 dollars... its beat to **** but its 2 years old, so all the circuitry is perfect. it would lead to a fun project : an amp-transplant into another box i would build.

ADD ME ZEP i wanna hear that stuff.

Added.

There's some Floyd covers in the Zp4 covers band profile and some bluesier Zep stuff as well as a demo or two of the amp. Nothing great but I was surprised at how decent it sounded considering my crap recording set up.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 15, 2008,
The Classic 50 is absolutely perfect for your genres, especially at that price. If it works, it's a steal. Even if it is beat up, that just adds some character.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by the.spine.surfs
It's still a big amp, mate.

not near as bad as moving a half-stack here and there.
I take my classic 50 all over the place with no hassle.
Yeah, i haul around a 2x12 50 watt combo all the time. It's a pain, no doubt, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker on a great amp.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
eh I don't find it much a pain because it sounds great so it's worth it :P

usually I just jam with people so I don't really wanna' bring anything smaller so it's fine.. I just load it up.. stick all my chords in the back of the amp, grab pedalcase and guitar and I'm off.. doesn't really take long for me.. wouldn't be any faster or much easier with a 30 so whatever :P
Great price great amp.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
i wish i could find one for 150...

Great amps, perfect for what you are playing (i'm contemplating getting the Classic 30 and sticking a v30 in it )
I'd buy one for that price even though i have no use for it, with my current amp.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
You probably only will need the Classic 30. I have it and I am seriously in love with it. Its perfect for any kind of blues, jazz, and rock, and it nails most of the classic rock stuff. Its cleans and dist are both amazing along with the reverb. Great amp.