So my friend and I were talking today, and the Epi BB came up because of it's H/H/H design. We both came to the conclusion that it would have a great tonal variance with a 5 way switch, but wouldn't it suffer a ton of sustain loss because of all the magnets dampening the strings?

Also, my friend is considering buying this now. He is kind of an active pickup freak, really loves EMG's. So we were thinking do an 81/85/60, from bridge to neck. Anybody think this would work? I don't think I've ever heard of an 85 in the middle position, I know there was a forum around here where someone switch the 81/85 on their guitar to 85/81, and they said it sounded terrible. So would an 85 in the middle sound terrible? Also if he got blackouts would he put another neck or bridge in the middle?

Thanks for the help .
imo, 3Hs hurt the sustain, the middle pup gets in my way a little, and i dont really feel there's a ton of tonal variety making up for the disadvantages.

push pulls, man. push pulls.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i know someone who had one...it sucked. he traded it for a standard LP ...and then ended up taking out the middle pickup....But he may have just sucked.
why not put a switch in for the middle pickup?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the one reason i would even get a BB would be to get a neck, bridge and sustainer!

but even then i might as well just get a guitar with a bridge and sustainer..that isnt suck
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff