It was bought as a gift a few years back and I can't remember which it is. I'm pretty sure it is a special but I'm not positive. Is there any easy way to tell? If I post a picture would anyone know? I want to sell it because I have enough guitars already. What should I sell it for? It's in very good condition.
pic would help, yeah. also, compare it to pics online.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
what are the inlays?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
man i'm stupid. it says deluxe right on the back of the tuners. i hope the picture is big enough. this site won't allow anything bigger than 50 kb. if its too small ill post it on an image hosting site.
Attachments:
1.JPG
looks like a special...dot inlays and no covers over the pickups.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
any idea what it's worth? i think it was bought for $900. I'm not sure on the year. Maybe 2001?
most definitely a special... you could get about 600 bucks for it if you clean it up... the tuners are just gibson deluxe tuners... based off the classic grovers... not the kidney ones
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at May 15, 2008,
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
most definitely a special... you could get about 600 bucks for it if you clean it up... the tuners are just gibson deluxe tuners... based off the classic grovers... not the kidney ones

you think i should polish it?
Quote by gibson501
you think i should polish it?

oh definitely, its amazing what a little bit of work and time with cleaning can do... i ***** this thing out like crazy as it is, but your sg can be this shiny if you clean it up

next time you change the strings, leave them off and clean the whole guitar with some guitar polish that you can pick up at like a local guitar shop or guitar center... you will be very satisfied with the results
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by LPstudioWRz28

that's all? I thought these guitars become MORE valuable as they get older?
Quote by gibson501
that's all? I thought these guitars become MORE valuable as they get older?

Well that depends.

When it comes to Gibson you'll find that there are a few categories:

-vintage; some of the really old and well preserved ones are worth a small fortune. With Gibson the most popular model is probably the Les Paul; the older, the better (usually). Although opinions differ, I reckon a guitar can be deemed vintage when it reaches around 25; the most valuable examples are usually from the 50's and 60's, though. As a final note keep in mind that just because a guitar is old it doesn't have to be valuable.

-limited runs; Gibson has produced a number of high-end or custom shop limited edition runs (like certain reissues or signature models, for example). These tend to hold their value well and some even in increase in value.

-relatively new (semi-)high end; guitars like the Les Paul Custom and even the Standard have the tendency to retain quite a good portion of their original value. They don't really go up, but as a rule they usually don't go down an awful lot, too. Keep in mind that this is also down to the condition.

-the low end models; think of guitars like the Fadeds and Specials. The Gibson name on the headstock doesn't really have any consequences for the resale value; they tend not to become more desireable with time.

Most of the expensive vintage Gibsons have gone up in price not just because of the brand name, but also because they were already pretty high end guitars when they were made; the fact that they were handmade from quality parts has had a hand in the price increase.

So in short: yes, certain models hold their value and some even go up in price, but certainly not all.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
thanks for the info bonsai. i didn't polish it because I had already posted it on ebay, but i got an offer for 600. Do you think I should take it if someone doesn't offer something higher? I include a nice guitar bag, picks and a guitar stand as well.
Special only has one tone knob and one volume knob. Plus the switch.

See?

GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Last edited by Dav23 at May 21, 2008,
Quote by Dav23
Special only has one tone knob and one volume knob. Plus the switch.

See?

He is talking about the Gibson SG Special not the Epiphone SG Special
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic

This pictures makes me feel nervous, i wouldnt leave a guitar to balance on a wall and a bed.
Quote by gibson501
So does anyone think I can do better than 6? Should I decline the offer?

It doesn't seem like a terrible offer; usually a second hand guitar that has been used for a couple of years goes for roughly half of the original price (of course this differs per model, but it's a good guideline).

If you're feeling really comfortable about it and you would like to get more, you could decline the offer and list it again with new pictures; it's up to you.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!