I recently upgraded from a starter guitar to an intermediate one and it turns out this new one is totally different from my other one. Heres a picture and some info on the newest one: http://tinyurl.com/3c9l6q

Now to the problem.I supposedly down tuned my guitar to C but I screwed something up along th way and now it doesnt ring out or hold the notes.It makes a "poot" sound now. I'm not to familiar with tremolo bridges or how they work as I've never had one but it looks a bit more depressed into the guitar ever since I down tuned. Any idea how to fix it? Also is there some trick to tuning this guitar because it always goes out of tune while I'm tuning another string like its pulling on all the strings. Does it have something to do with the three locking bolts behind the first fret?
yes. a locking trem system is quite a pain to set up. i can't personally help cuz i've never done it. my suggestion would be to take it to a good guitar tech and have them set it up. and don't downtune them unless you set it up for a downtuning. find the one you want and leave it would be my other suggestion.
Heavier strings, adjusting the screws in the back of your guitar, and whats wrong with standard tuning are you trying to be metalcore or what
lol your whole problem is not knowing how to work a fr, or wizrd or whatever is on there. once you figure it out you'll be good.

when you change tunings gotta change your spring tension underneath in the back also. tune from top to bottom a good 3 or 4 times to tension your springs and then lock it and use the fin tuners
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
i have a trem system on my LTD and it does get confusing but oncde u get it it staysd in tune for like a month so ask a friend to show u how to do it well

once u learn its quite easy
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
Heavier strings, adjusting the screws in the back of your guitar, and whats wrong with standard tuning are you trying to be metalcore or what

No there are some progressive songs I used to play on my old guitar in that tuning. I though it would be just as easy to tune it but I guess not.
Quote by pressyre
Are you not unlocking the nut when you're trying to tune?

I haven't a clue how to work it as I've never had a guitar like this. So in order to tune it I have to loosen the screws behind the first fret?
Read that thread I linked. You're gonna break something if you don't lol. It'll tell you everything you need to know about a Floyd Rose set up.
Quote by Da5auceMan
I recently upgraded from a starter guitar to an intermediate one and it turns out this new one is totally different from my other one. Heres a picture and some info on the newest one: http://tinyurl.com/3c9l6q

Now to the problem.I supposedly down tuned my guitar to C but I screwed something up along th way and now it doesnt ring out or hold the notes.It makes a "poot" sound now. I'm not to familiar with tremolo bridges or how they work as I've never had one but it looks a bit more depressed into the guitar ever since I down tuned. Any idea how to fix it? Also is there some trick to tuning this guitar because it always goes out of tune while I'm tuning another string like its pulling on all the strings. Does it have something to do with the three locking bolts behind the first fret?

I feel for you man. Not even three months ago I bought that exact same guitar and ended up braking the string on it right away.... my own fault of course. but having to restring it on the first day and then tune the thing (mind you, it was WAY out of tune when I got it).... I simply decided to return it because im still a noob and it wasnt for me.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best