Music today saddens me, there needs to be more bands that give the same feel as classic rock. There seems to be no newer bands that sound close to as good as the beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, and not very many even have the same sound. i love classic rock, but there needs to be more music like classic rock was NOW! all songs now a days are either really depressing emo ****, heavy heavy stuff, and progressive rock which most have really boring and crappy guitar riffs and solo's and such. I WANT MORE CLASSIC ROCK BANDS IN TODAYS ERA!
Make one then
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Yeah i agree. Todays **** dont even sound like music. Its just crap crap crap! I dont even think they try anymore.
I definitly agree but thank god that tere are a few that are going back to roots now in Metal, so it seems once that happens all genres will follow
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
i totally agree but i doubt it will happen... thats why im trying to see as many bands as i can before they call it quits at the age of 80 haha... most recent was lynyrd skynyrd and they were simply amazing to watch... i hope to see boston cause ive heard their new singer does justice to brad delps vocals and i pray pink floyd will do one final tour that i will sell my soul to see...
not to bew a jerk but classic rock is Classic for a reason, also if you dont mind christian music messages then look up thieves & liars, i stopped listening to them but they do give that old school rock sound, very similar to zep, also wolfmother stick close to the classic rock roots, and the last one im probally gunna get flamed for but My chemical romance actually give a very rock sound but its also funny (the song black parade sucks tho), panic at the disco took a nw root i believe with their new album (at least 9 in the afternoon reminded me of Sgt Peppers but that probally just the video lol), there was another band but i forgot it lol

*edit* i remember now RHCPs have been takeing a classic rock route as well
Quote by stockylachy
Make one then

I plan on it. im only 13 and ive only been playing for about a year. give me some time at least :P. its still would be really hard, mainly because all people are interested in now is hot people pretneding to sing, and black guys rhyming.
There are plenty of revival bands already around. The White Stripes, Jet, Wolfmother..
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
There are plenty of revival bands already around. The White Stripes, Jet, Wolfmother..

probably be flamed for this but, i don't see what people see in the white stripes. their sound is too empty. they need lots more depth than just a guitar and drums with vocals.
Quote by ortrigger
probably be flamed for this but, i don't see what people see in the white stripes. their sound is too empty. they need lots more depth than just a guitar and drums with vocals.

they get back to basics and sound pretty good, the new raconteurs album sounds classic rockish
Quote by ortrigger

I agree, there may be a few bands going down that path but, quite a few of em suck, lol.
Quote by Guitar HERO27
I agree, there may be a few bands going down that path but, quite a few of em suck, lol.

thats why i listen to the actual classic rock. not the modern bands that try and mimic the old ones.
Quote by ortrigger
thats why i listen to the actual classic rock. not the modern bands that try and mimic the old ones.

Yeah, but i still want new music like the old ones that dont suck. i know its ALOT to ask for, but still. I've been listening to classic rock almost my whole life (granted im only 13) and after a while its the same songs, there's no new stuff. and when some of the great bands (like rush) come out with new albums, its never, ever as good as there old stuff. Rush's newest album was horrible compared to what they can do. Snakes and Arrows has to be my least favourite of all their albums.
Quote by ortrigger

... I doubt theyre trying to mimic the sound.. It just happens to be their influence. Any good band isn't going to sound just like another one, and so if you guys are looking for the next Pink Floyd, it will never come. A lot of the new music today is very good and has noteable classic rock influences. For instance, John Frusciante often likes to use Hendrix-like fills, or Rocco Deluca with his stripped down approach to music. You just have to look for the right stuff... and the radio is not the best place. If you use sights like Pandora or last.fm, you can find bands that are similar to your favorites, but modern. After all, if the Beatles or Floyd were still around today, they probably wouldnt be making music anything like what they used to make.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Lots of People seem to think that music was so great and the 60s and 70s and that todays music is just a bunch of crap. Truth is, crappy bands and songs have been flooding the charts and mainstream since the very beginning. They're just not remembered today because they were...well...crap. Look at disco, hair metal, ABBA, the Osmands...the list goes on and on. There are only a handful of classic rock bands that are still truly respected and appreciated in this day. And most of of the time, if you look back into the charts, these rock bands did not do as well on the charts as the pop bands that were around at the same time.

Just like they were a handful of truly great rock bands back then there are a handful of great rock bands today. Silvertide, the Black Keys, the White Stripes, Wolfmother, the Redwalls, The Raconteurs, the Black Crowes, Eric Lindell, etc...And I believe that 30 years down the road these bands will be remembered and admired while most of the chart toppers like Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, Fall-out boy, and so on will be entirely forgotten. And of course there will be young musicians looking back at our time whining about how great our music was while their music is just over-marketed and monotonic bull****.
Quote by master
Lots of People seem to think that music was so great and the 60s and 70s and that todays music is just a bunch of crap. Truth is, crappy bands and songs have been flooding the charts and mainstream since the very beginning. They're just not remembered today because they were...well...crap. Look at disco, hair metal, ABBA, the Osmands...the list goes on and on. There are only a handful of classic rock bands that are still truly respected and appreciated in this day. And most of of the time, if you look back into the charts, these rock bands did not do as well on the charts as the pop bands that were around at the same time.

Just like they were a handful of truly great rock bands back then there are a handful of great rock bands today. Silvertide, the Black Keys, the White Stripes, Wolfmother, the Redwalls, The Raconteurs, the Black Crowes, Eric Lindell, etc...And I believe that 30 years down the road these bands will be remembered and admired while most of the chart toppers like Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, Fall-out boy, and so on will be entirely forgotten. And of course there will be young musicians looking back at our time whining about how great our music was while their music is just over-marketed and monotonic bull****.

i absolutly hate FoB but i dont think they will be forgotten, i think they are generations bon jovi, you know not great but everyone knows their hits
There's always good music out there- you just have to look for it. It's stupid to say that every band out there sucks.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Thefallofman
There's always good music out there- you just have to look for it. It's stupid to say that every band out there sucks.
+1

Listen to the Black Crowes. Problem solved.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.