The music university I applied to has just denied me yesterday.

In retaliation, im taking the entire next year (08/09) off,

off from cegep (the Canadian equivalent of Grade 12) to once in for all perfect my craft and audition next May and finally get into Humber College in Toronto.

I'll be spending countless hours by the metronome working on technique, while studying theory and chord construction

among other things to get myself a great shredder as well as a great Jazz player.

on the side I'd get a parttime job in my village (which would be an open market of jobs, now that all the students have returned to school) to help pay for tuition.

My parents however are heartbroken by my decision,

What do you think ? Have you ever done the same/similar ? Know people who have ?
It's nice, but if you're just going to get good without trying to get famous, then your career is doomed.
Uh...one time my friend said I wasn't good enough to be in his band so I practiced all Winter break then got good and I got in his band.

Anyway. Good luck with the decision. If you do what you say you want to do it should work.
Quote by fob12
It's nice, but if you're just going to get good without trying to get famous, then your career is doomed.

isn't that kind of redundancy redundant?
imo i wouldnt take school off... itll only make it harder to fit into your schedule later on down the road... maybe apply to a junior college and do a few music classes that are transferable or some college credit classes so youll have less to worry about when you finally get accepted to where you want to go... gluck
Make sure you apply next year though.

Usually what happens is people think just to take a year off, then before they know it they're middle aged with only a high school diploma under their belt.
Quote by ortrigger
isn't that kind of redundancy redundant?

I don't want to be redundant but...

Can you stop being repetitively redundant?
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by isuckhardcore
I don't want to be redundant but...

Can you stop being repetitively redundant?

whats so bad about being redundant. this is the pit, everything is redundant cuz this is the pit.
As long as you are doing it with the intention of having a better chance of getting into another music program it sounds like a good idea.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by ortrigger
whats so bad about being redundant. this is the pit, everything is redundant cuz this is the pit.

It was a joke...

-_-
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore
It was a joke...

-_-

i know. look at my post closely, it was a continuation of the joke but obviously my superb grasp of grammar has confused you.
Just make sure you actually devote that time to practicing. don't lose focus just because it seems like you have a ton of time to practice. USE IT ALL.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
Just make sure you actually devote that time to practicing. don't lose focus just because it seems like you have a ton of time to practice. USE IT ALL.

Yeah, the thing is that with Cegep I've always been too busy to actually practice properly, the time I've usually had playing guitar was usually squandered with mindless noodling.
Quote by ortrigger
i know. look at my post closely, it was a continuation of the joke but obviously my superb grasp of grammar has confused you.

Aaaahhh you're a slippery one! If I do say so myself, you're a pretty smart genius.
Quote by SmElLy KiD