HONEYMOON ON MARS

The Double Barrels' (me and my mate) newest orginal work, somewhat cheerier than our first set of recordings.

It's on my profile please have a listen

C4C as always
Too much gain = Ears in pain
Last edited by Nic Play Guitar at May 15, 2008,
I've never really listened to the pixies, we just wanted to challenge ourselves by recording something completely different from what we normally do, so this is kinda up-tempo for us!

>> I'll upload one of our older tracks so you can get how much of a leap it is.
Whoever singing sounds like Tom from Blink a bit. Turn those vox up man! The guitar is really cool and spacy/ambient. Keep it up man!
Quote by |2eM!x
Whoever singing sounds like Tom from Blink a bit. Turn those vox up man! The guitar is really cool and spacy/ambient. Keep it up man!

Think you were probably listening to Lost and Found as opposed to Honeymoon on Mars but I'm glad you enjoyed it!
like the sounds of the acoustic guitars. especially the lead guitar. nice!

what did u use to record?

might be a slight mixing problem but the vocals sounds kinda messy when theres the 2 of you singing...

apart from that mighty good stuff! keep it up
It sounds really good. One thing, though, it that the mixing when both vocals tracks are active is a little muddy, and it can be hard to make out either. Lead vocals needs to sing louder (or be turned up in the mix).

I need crits on my new piece, as well, so if you're up for it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860702
Last edited by Airman Kai at May 15, 2008,
hey thnx for the crit!

i just heard it and i liked it! love the guitars and vocals are sick (not the bad sick). the only thing i didn't like were the rhythm vocals. other than that i liked it! sounds like something from the juno soundtrack .
I do the sort of lead vocals, the singing on the first verse etc...

Quote by Biatch
like the sounds of the acoustic guitars. especially the lead guitar. nice!

what did u use to record?

might be a slight mixing problem but the vocals sounds kinda messy when theres the 2 of you singing...

apart from that mighty good stuff! keep it up

It was recorded using the onboard mic of a BOSS 900CD
I'll get round to remixing it later probably, take out or re-arange some of the backing vocals.
Last edited by Nic Play Guitar at May 16, 2008,