I have a Strat, and in 1,3,5 positions on the selector, it produces an audible buzzing. MY amp does suck, but I am getting a new one. How does one apply shielding to the Strat to eliminate this inconvenience? Thanks.
get self adhesive copper foil.
stewmac.com has the foil and a tutorial.

take off the guard and the pups off the guard. apply in the cavity and on the guard overlapping the foil.
run some extra out of the cavity up to a pickguard screw hole.

so when you screw the guard back in, a guard screw touches foil.

there are picture tutorials. if i find one. ill post a link.

a one piece foil...
http://zanskas.com/blog/?p=45

a better one
http://www.stocklogic.com/nohum/
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at May 14, 2008,
ok good luck. it should take more than a half hour to an hour, depending on ur ability to string and level the bridge afterwards.

but overall it's a really cheap and easy way to quiet a guitar.

if you google, shielding a strat, pictures. you might find other tutorials.
i saw one, one time was a real step by step. not sure where it is now tho.

guitarnuts.com has an informational page too, but dont get scared off, they go into great detail. you can keep your project basic if you choose.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Does it buzz dependant on where you're sitting? Near computer monitors, TVs and certain lights, normal singlecoils will make audible noise no matter how well shielded the guitar is.
Quote by kyle62
Does it buzz dependant on where you're sitting? Near computer monitors, TVs and certain lights, normal singlecoils will make audible noise no matter how well shielded the guitar is.

those things add to the hum. but a well shielded guitar, hardly makes a peep.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62