I currently have a hybrid amp and really want to go all tube. I do however have a problem. Like most people entering the new tube world i don't want to spend all that much money and don't have all that much money to spend. My budget is about $400 and isn't very flexible. Basically what I am looking for is a tube amp with decent volume (small gigs with a drummer), no bells and whistles (Got a pretty decent multi effects peddle as a gift), and TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE!!!!! I play mostly classic rock with some blues and other clean stuff so i don't need too much distortion and my peddle can take care of that anyway. I am really looking for a great bang for my buck and something that will satisfy me for a decent amount of time.

one last thing;
I have never moded an amp or anything like that BUT if changing tubes and speaker(s) of a cheap amp would turn it into an AMAZING amp without going past the all important budget i am open to those types of suggestions if it is easy enough for someone like me to just pick up
Quote by deiden26
I currently have a hybrid amp and really want to go all tube. I do however have a problem. Like most people entering the new tube world i don't want to spend all that much money and don't have all that much money to spend. My budget is about $400 and isn't very flexible. Basically what I am looking for is a tube amp with decent volume (small gigs with a drummer), no bells and whistles (Got a pretty decent multi effects peddle as a gift), and TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE TONE!!!!! I play mostly classic rock with some blues and other clean stuff so i don't need too much distortion and my peddle can take care of that anyway. I am really looking for a great bang for my buck and something that will satisfy me for a decent amount of time.

one last thing;
I have never moded an amp or anything like that BUT if changing tubes and speaker(s) of a cheap amp would turn it into an AMAZING amp without going past the all important budget i am open to those types of suggestions if it is easy enough for someone like me to just pick up

im in this same boat...id go with a peavey valveking 112 (what im buying when i get my paycheck) or for $30 cheaper the crate v series model is good for more of your style anyway.
I'd suggest a used Peavey Classic 30. Should be able to find one in that price range, and it'll do all of your music just fine, at gigging/jamming levels, without any further modification.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
With the peavey classic 30 i have seen pictures where part of the body dips over the mush where the speaker is and i have also seen it (mostly when it is second hand) where the body doesn't dip over the mesh what it the deal with that?

dip: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

no dip: http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Peavey-classic-30-amplifier
also i've heard about the blackheart handsome devil which is supposed to be like the little giant, is that even out yet? also i really want to know +s and -s of the amp.
blackhearts are very awesome amps. i got sound clips in my profile of the 5 watt little giant. only negatives is maybe that they've been released quite recently so there's not much to say about reliability. though i haven't heard of anyone here on UG w/ any problems, and I MYSELF have had no problems with them.

i'd love to have a handsome devil....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Are any of those amps clearly the best? has anyone used all/ multiple of them? are there any other amps to consider
also does anyone have any solid information on the handsome devil because i've been looking and there's really nothing out there
Quote by deiden26
With the peavey classic 30 i have seen pictures where part of the body dips over the mush where the speaker is and i have also seen it (mostly when it is second hand) where the body doesn't dip over the mesh what it the deal with that?

dip: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

no dip: http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Peavey-classic-30-amplifier

They're the same, at least as far as electronics are concerned.

So +1023409238420348 for the Classic 50.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at May 16, 2008,
Well, Classic 30 ^
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
so basically would you guys say that it is peavy classic 30 (second hand) vs. waiting for a blackheart handsome devil?