ugh...... so hard to choose.

besides the obvious (Nirvana, AIC, STP, etc) and the semi obvious (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) theres also some good bands no ones heard of, like Dinosaur Jr., Mudhoney, Temple of the dog, and like Mother Love Bone. Check them out
Mudhoney, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Dead Moon, 7 Year Bitch, Coffin Break
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
Sonic Youth, Sound Garden, Pixies and the obvious Nirvana.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by Travis^Co
Sonic Youth, Sound Garden, Pixies and the obvious Nirvana.

Sonic Youth and the Pixies are great, but they arent grunge
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
Quote by DanteLord
ugh...... so hard to choose.

besides the obvious (Nirvana, AIC, STP, etc) and the semi obvious (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) theres also some good bands no ones heard of, like Dinosaur Jr., Mudhoney, Temple of the dog, and like Mother Love Bone. Check them out

Yeah, I agree. Love AIC, Nirvana, etc. and I'm also a big fan of Mudhoney. I haven't been able to find much Mother Love Bone/Temple of the Dog/Dinosaur Jr. and other earlier grunge bands on Frostwire though, which sucks. I've noticed that some of the new bands claiming to be grunge don't suck as much one would expect which is kickass. Speaking of new grunge bands, has anyone heard "Sown"?

myspace.com/sownband
Quote by -Stain-
Sonic Youth and the Pixies are great, but they arent grunge

Well there were different varieties of grunge. The pixies inspired Cobain by having mellow verses and slamming chorus's. Sonic Youth was tearing up the scene in the beginning. I also forgot to name The Melvins as another dominant grunge band.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by Mud Martian
Green River and early Nirvana.

Win. Green River were awesome.

Post-"Damaged" Black Flag is good too, though not exactly "grunge". Had a huge impact on the whole thing anyway.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so
absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
early soundgarden are my favorite, L7, bikini kill, alice in chains, green river, mad season, temple of the dog,
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.