I have a decision to make. Until Monday I get to buy a bass (or guitar) for half price from my local music shop. I’ve narrowed it down to these two basses.

BC RICH SE VIRGO

ESP LTD B-404 Spalted Maple

I like the LTD a lot. I played for about half an hour today and it’s pretty awesome. I also already own a D series so I have a back ground with the LTDs.

The BC Rich on the other hand I haven’t played yet (I’ll be having a go on it tomorrow) and I don’t know very much about them.

I was planning on getting a 5 string in a few months but the shop doesn’t have any at the moment and this discount is too good to pass up. So I am thinking if I get the BC Rich I’ll set it up for BEAD or If I get the LTD I’ll set up my D series for BEAD.

So, has anyone had experience with either of these basses, especially the BC Rich?
Any other thoughts on the matter.
Last edited by 24fRETSoFfURY at May 15, 2008,
that bc rich does look pretty sexy. but so does the LTD.
and personally, i like wood finishes more.
and i guess, to sum it up technically, you have a tad more tone control with the LTD. and i love the through body string bridge haha.... but then again if you wanna kill someone with your bass..... get the bc rich. lots of sharp corners look deadly haha

i would go the LTD
Uh yeah, LTD FTW.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by watchingmefall
Not only you get a better bass if you buy the LTD, but it costs more so the offer helps you more.

Yeah, that's my reasoning. I save $1000 on the LTD but only $750 on the BC Rich.
I'm probably going to get the LTD but I just wanted to see how the BC Rich compares. I'll guess I'll find that out tomorrow when I play it.
Update:

Just to let you all know I ended up buying the LTD. I tried the Virgo out and although I could get some good tones out of it I didn't like playing it, it just didn't feel right.
The LTD is just on a different level, it plays and sounds so much better. Plus I'm a sucker for wood grain.
good man

that LTD was sexyful, whilst B C rich's just try to hard, metal comes from the sound, not the look.

plus tha LTD was just drop dead gorgoeus
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"