Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I'm trying to install an 89 in the neck position, an S in the middle, and an 81 in the bridge, along with one volume, one tone, and a 5-way strat-style switch. I've looked all around but absolutely cannot find the appropriate diagram for this particular setup. And the buttheads over at EMG are ignoring my emails, even though I've dropped some nice dime on their products. The techs in my area want to charge me about 75 bucks to wire it up, even though I've already done some of the work. I've tried to get hints from other EMG schematics, but trial-and-error is getting me nowhere. I'm about to pull my hair out. If anyone can help me out here it would be utterly appreciated. Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading!
75 is good for a tech to install. I dont recommend trial and error
I broke my pots cos i kept wiring and unwiring..so i recommend them doing it mate!

but you should be able to wire it like a standard emg setup then add the S onto the 5 way switch??
Ive only wired the 81/60 combo, never did an S..but im sure you just add it on..
is the s active?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
fairycake92 - 75 isn't too good when you're broke like my ass

rancidryan - The S is indeed active.
in that case it s easy where the other two pickups if you know how then just add in the single coil ive never wired actives so i cant help much if there the same as them kind of then you have to ground the single coil then wire the other wire to the switch
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You just put the hot wire anywhere on the switch? I thought it had to be connected to a specific peg on the switch.
i think so thats how it is with passives. please dont hurt me if im wrong :C
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The EMGs dont wire any different than passives. A diagram that works with passives will work with actives except the batt wires and jack. The 89 adds a pushpull pot in but really doesnt change anything. 89 to pushpull switch then from there to the neck lug of the switch.