I was just looking at a thread where 9 gauge strings were warping the neck... i just got a schecter c1 and im running 10 to 56's on it, are these to heavy? will the neck warp? (i dont know much about neck tension)
i leave it in drop b every now and again..

sorry if this is a stupid question.
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
.9 and .10 strings are completely standard, those should never warp the neck. Especially if you're down-tuning which will ease the tension in the neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
they wont warp the neck. Ive been using 10-56s for ages and the tensions just not great enough to warp
they might warp the neck on a baby classical guitar

maybe
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
Necks don't warp that easily, you know. It takes several months of pressure to do any sort of damage, a lot of people just pass round stuff they've heard other people say. Half the people here are scared to go near their truss rods because they think they'll snap the neck!
ah, whew! thanks
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
well, heres the thing. if your neck has too much tension on it, it will warp one way. but if there isnt enough, then it will warp the other way. the truss rod is there to keep a balance between the neck and the strength of the strings. so if there isnt enough tension, the truss rod will warp it the other way.
happened to an acoustic i had a few years ago. trust me. i took the strings off, just let it lie around, and the neck got so ****ed up, it was depressing.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I got Not Even Slinky's on my strat, been on for a year or so...all seems to work just fine. Tuned to Drop D down one step (Drop C)
In the Valley of Vung
I use 10-52s on my Les Paul and nothing has happened yet. I have no idea how .9s could ever warp a neck.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Thicker strings will cause the neck to bow, not warp. If the neck warps then there is another issue with the guitar probably unrelated to the strings.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer