So what i'm going to do is this:

i am broke right now (other than $20)
my birthday party is gonna bring in hopefully 500
i make 25 a week.
once i get like 800 i'm gonna buy a tiny terror and a 2x12 avatar cab
once i get 800 more ill buy a carvin v3
i dont think the carvin is good for practice so i'm getting the TT first.

sound good? i play alot of hard rock and metal.
i think you should just save up for the carvin and the avatar cab.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
+1
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by b00m_
i think you should just save up for the carvin and the avatar cab.

+ another 1

Doesn't sound like $800 comes all that quickly to you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Are you preforming? If not

Krank Rev. Jr. - Does metal, no need for an attenuator, $700 with cab.
Quote by Chaosinborn
buy the carvin v3 first and then with the money from later get an attunator

how am i supposed to use the amp w/o an attenuator? wont it sound like crap at low volumes? the majority of this amp will be for practice.
ok well if no one will help then...

can the TT reach metal tones with the help of an overdrive? and what overdrive should i get if so? i'm pretty much set on the TT because i would take it all over.
For the TT you wouldnt need a attenuator because of the low wattage you can crank it. I would suggest Jekyll and Hyde overdrive/distortion. It has the best of both worlds, a ts808 is the overdrive and a good distortion. But the question was why go and spend money on a TT if you know you want a carvin v3? The suggestion being skip the TT and go straight for the carvinv3 and an attenuator to play at low volumes for optimal tone. We know you wont have enough in the begining to get the carvin and the attenuator but you will live if you are just practicing. It does not make the amp sound like crap, it just wont sound its best.
Quote by Chaosinborn
For the TT you wouldnt need a attenuator because of the low wattage you can crank it. I would suggest Jekyll and Hyde overdrive/distortion. It has the best of both worlds, a ts808 is the overdrive and a good distortion. But the question was why go and spend money on a TT if you know you want a carvin v3? The suggestion being skip the TT and go straight for the carvinv3 and an attenuator to play at low volumes for optimal tone. We know you wont have enough in the begining to get the carvin and the attenuator but you will live if you are just practicing. It does not make the amp sound like crap, it just wont sound its best.

at the lowest volume, is the carvin not too loud? i intend to always be at the 50w switch because 100w would make trouble all over. would the amp sound ok at the lowest volumes? i am reluctant because i doubt i will ever be able to take the amp above knob 3. I dont do that many gigs at this point, but we're gonna start playing at a country club. I doubt i i'll ever need 50w of tube. So maybe i was thinking just a TT for now? help would be appreciated.
Quote by weetadsftw
I doubt i i'll ever need 50w of tube. So maybe i was thinking just a TT for now?

So maybe you should be looking at other amps... ?

The TT is a pretty expensive practice amp, especially when you figure in a cab. It's a loud 15W amp, but I don't know if it'll be loud enough for a metal band (I tend to doubt it).

I'd suggest you take a look at a couple Traynors. The YCV 40 has great cleans and tight, modern, American overdrive. The new YCS 50 is also an interesting amp with one of it's nice features being a switch that allows you to switch it from 50W to 15W. Could be ideal for you. Each of these could probably be had for less than the cost of a TT + a cab, but could handle all your practice and gigging needs.

Just seems to me that you should be looking to make one purchase rather than two.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
So maybe you should be looking at other amps... ?

The TT is a pretty expensive practice amp, especially when you figure in a cab. It's a loud 15W amp, but I don't know if it'll be loud enough for a metal band (I tend to doubt it).

I'd suggest you take a look at a couple Traynors. The YCV 40 has great cleans and tight, modern, American overdrive. The new YCS 50 is also an interesting amp with one of it's nice features being a switch that allows you to switch it from 50W to 15W. Could be ideal for you. Each of these could probably be had for less than the cost of a TT + a cab, but could handle all your practice and gigging needs.

Just seems to me that you should be looking to make one purchase rather than two.

+1

If you really need a practice amp just get a microcube (nobody cares what your tone is when you're practiging) I reccomend just getting a V3... no need to spend extra money!
can the traynor YCV40T get pushed into metal territory by itself or is it gonna need an overdrive?
Quote by weetadsftw
can the traynor YCV40T get pushed into metal territory by itself or is it gonna need an overdrive?

You'll probably want an OD. However, I think it'll do metal on it's own a lot better than a Tiny Terror.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You'll probably want an OD. However, I think it'll do metal on it's own a lot better than a Tiny Terror.

thanks a ton for this specimen of an amp. i will check it out.
do the colors mean anything other than the wattage or whatever?