alright so i have bulls on parade down but the only part i need help on is the scratching solo. i know how to do it but when i play it it is way way way too quiet.
what should i do to make the volume louder. should i get a boost pedal even though my amp is a SS. please help
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
a boost pedal just to do one solo that isn't even an original of your's.
i wouldn't.
just turn your guitar volume down, then when you get to the scratch solo, turn guitar up quickly.
or use the third channel on your amp, if you have one.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Doesn't Tom Morello use his EQ pedal for this solo to 'go to 11'? I remember him saying something like that in a video I've seen recently.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe your pickups aren't hot enough for this? If you use pickups with a strong output, and use them for this solo (one with 0 volume and one with volume on 10) the volume difference will be much bigger than when using weaker pickups. At least that's how I see it.
Last edited by zombiak at May 15, 2008,
Quote by nolson44
wow u cant play that?
ur a faggot

Wow, you can't form a proper sentence? You're a faggot.

+1 To high output pickups, if they're not hot enough you'll probably never get what you're looking for.
Quote by zombiak
Doesn't Tom Morello use his EQ pedal for this solo to 'go to 11'? I remember him saying something like that in a video I've seen recently.

Exactly. It's an old DOD EQ pedal and there's very little variation in all the different frequencies, but they are all above the halfway point. The EQ (along with everything else, strangely) is in the effects loop of his 2205.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Well, you shouldn't get a boost if you have a tube amp. But you could always just use and effects pedal to add some extra volume. Any multi effects pedal would do it.

Also, (assuming your using a Wah Pedal) you could leave the Wah on to give it the extra treble boost you need for things like that.

...Or you could just have a TON of gain.

The only other option I have is to playing it slightly differantly:

(ASSUMING YOUR RIGHT HANDED), Hold your left hand over the 24th fret so it would make a dead note. Then use fingers on your right hand to scratch. Its not the same sound but its pretty close and ALOT louder.
Quote by MannequinMetal
Well, you shouldn't get a boost if you have a tube amp. But you could always just use and effects pedal to add some extra volume. Any multi effects pedal would do it.

Do bother to explain exactly why you think boosting a tube amp is bad (and how boosting an amp is somehow different than increasing the volume outside of the amp itself). Regardless, a boost in the effects loop will not be driving the preamp tubes at all. Also why get a good quality analog boost when you can use cheap digital technology?

I should probably stop talking to people altogether. They confuse me.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM