Hello,

I just wanted to ask if a locking nut is appliable to my squire strat? Just starting to get sick of strings going out of tune when I use the whammy.

Thanks in advance.
yeah, need some routing though i believe, thinking about doing it yourself?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
i wouldn't know how to do it myself, so I think it would be best for me to take it to the shop nearby and let them do it.
cool, well its definitely possible, do u actually use your trem tho? coz you could just anchor the trem down (tighten the springs at the back), easy to do yourself. then you'll have a fixed bridge
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
the arse of the trem is already anchored back (can't pull back to get those high-squeals out, can only push down on the bar)
If you set it up properly it will stay in tune..
Shut up and play your guitar!
The squire wammies are pretty cheap. The squire I have was brand new and the knife edges on the wammy were wasted. I dont even try to use it as it always goes out of tune. And my guitar has locking tuners and a graphite nut. Find a better guitar and save the heavy wammy use for it.
If you cut the nut properly and use some soap or graphite in it, you shouldn't need a locking nut unless you have a floyd or something. A locking nut is really invasive is only necessary in the most extreme cases.
if it's that big of a problem, get locking tuners, locking nuts are a major pain in the ass to install on guitars that weren't made for them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm