I had to compose a Baroque 16 bar canon, in whatever key I wanted. Here are the results.

I have already handed it in, so I can't change it, but any criticism would be great for future compositions.

Attachments:
Canon in Am.zip
It would help maybe to use another string instruments, orchestral ones, like cello, etc; or to make it longer...

And it should have more voices doing the melody in another rhythm, as a Canon states...
Have more voices doing the canon, and then keep the bass (change it to a contrabass maybe, to keep the classical style), and another melody below...

You could still do a unison canon, but you need more voices too

Hope it helps, I don't know that much about canons.
Okay, thanks a lot.

We were only actually allowed to have two voices, and it was only to demonstrate that we understand the concept of a Canon. Our music teacher will be playing it on piano to listen to the notes etc, so she won't be listening to it off disc, and it was only meant to be 16 bars long.

But thanks for your criticism, it will help me with me major compositions for the HSC
great harmonies. well intertwined. a lot of music i listens to lacks a twist. i think at the end of bar 14 there shoud be a major chord to give it that edge! good for what it is.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
thats was fricking win! but so short, make it longer!!! LONGER I SAY!!!!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Thanks man, I might extend it or something maybe. I wanna finish a black metal piece and then I'll do something with this if possible. Maybe add some strings in the background, even turn it into a metal piece, who knows. But the notes shall stay the same.

Thanks for the comment, I'll crit one of yours when I have my other computer on and my relatives gone, so I can use GP/Midi.

sweet dude! cant wait!!!! i love any coments on my work!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Internal Chaos
Okay, thanks a lot.

We were only actually allowed to have two voices, and it was only to demonstrate that we understand the concept of a Canon. Our music teacher will be playing it on piano to listen to the notes etc, so she won't be listening to it off disc, and it was only meant to be 16 bars long.

But thanks for your criticism, it will help me with me major compositions for the HSC

More melodies would be good. But its a fine piece.

C4C?