Like the title says, I need help helping my friend to choose a bass. Him and I are starting a band: He's the bassist and I'm the lead guitar. Well, anyways, he needs one that , since he already knows how to play, would be good to play at gigs. Something durable and has a moderately good price around $150 is what he's looking for. Thanks for the help, if any...
I have an ibanez GSR200 series. i really like it, if you can set it up well yourself, the active boost is cool too. excellnt neck. i'd check it out. around 200 USD originally.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Does he need a bass amp? Remember a guitar amp will get damaged with a bass playing through it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
theres not gnna be much different in quality and what not around that price range.

Squier Vintage Modifieds ive heard are pretty good... and Ibanez's are good for starters i tihnk.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
I have an ibanez GSR200 series. i really like it, if you can set it up well yourself, the active boost is cool too. excellnt neck. i'd check it out. around 200 USD originally.

+1
best bass they got at the price.
for 20 more USD, you can get a pretty top.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
check out affinity squiers
but try them first they could have some quality issues
or save for GSR200, great value for the price
or even better squier VMs, those are really nice basses
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400