Ok, I'm a beginner (I plan to stay in it for a long time)and I'm wondering which one of these would be better for me. This one or this one. http://www.rondomusic.com/gg1stdbocs.html. So I have been using Harmony-Central and UG to rate other guitars. Please tell me what you think. Thanks [edit] i took out the gg4 and this is the other one. http://www.rondomusic.com/gg2bo.html
And yes i know agiles are better epiphones are better but seriously if you look at the reviews some of the overalls are better then the Epiphone Special II (which will probably be my next one if i get the explorer copy) so sorry if i came out as a jerk.
Last edited by TMisthebest at May 16, 2008,
Look at the Agile guitars in that site, theyre supposed to be better quality than epiphones.
I had the GG4 (mockingbird) and it was a wide neck. They claimed 1 5/8" at the nut and mine's 1 3/4" at the nut. The fretworks was terrible and I leveled and dressed them.

Then it became a pretty decent guitar that didn't sound too bad. When I bought my agile al3000 I had to work on that damn thing too.

Trouble is when you buy cheap, you'll get cheap.
Oh, good bloody god those things are more hideous then Bill Clintons' Bed-posts. And Yeah, that website looks really reliable... (sarc)... Have a look at the Agiles from here, as ^this dude above me said - if they're meant to be good, its' worth checking out. Give the Epiphones a look as well - Agiles and Epis seem to be around the same price-tag, so its' worth a look if you want. I've got a couple of epiphone guitars & they're solid as the day I got them.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by TMisthebest
well most of you can go suck yourselfs because most people say that SX/Rondo is good and yes i know about agile. that will probably be my second guitar

we are trying to help(get a damn epiphone) and you respond with this nonsense?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by TMisthebest
well most of you can go suck yourselfs because most people say that SX/Rondo is good and yes i know about agile. that will probably be my second guitar

Nice.
You really know how to thank people.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I only spoke from my experiences. It may be my dumb luck I got crap two times in a row but after reading good reviews and some pans, they are sold by the truckloads.

Trouble is where are they? I haven't seen any besides mine and nobody around here has one. ??
alright i apologize to the people that actually helped but i explained some of the stuff and you say it again
Quote by Rounder01
we are trying to help(get a damn epiphone) and you respond with this nonsense?

My mom yes i'm a kid but still said that i'm not getting a epiphone but if i had the choice it would be the Epiphone Special II
Quote by TMisthebest
My mom yes i'm a kid but still said that i'm not getting a epiphone but if i had the choice it would be the Epiphone Special II

I can tell your a kid already, you dont have to tell me.

Save your money and you will be happier.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by Rounder01
I can tell your a kid already, you dont have to tell me.

Save your money and you will be happier.

alright i'll see if i can
Quote by TMisthebest
alright i'll see if i can

I know it'll be hard, but it will be worth it.

Do you get any form of allowance? cause i dont get any money whatsoever, and it is not fun waiting until Christmas, or birthday...
Quote by Rounder01
I know it'll be hard, but it will be worth it.

Do you get any form of allowance? cause i dont get any money whatsoever, and it is not fun waiting until Christmas, or birthday...

I get twenty a month and my school year ends on the 29th and we were going to use my hundred dollar birthday budget money now so I could practice over the summer. and if i am thinking right i should have 260? i thought i had 180. I don't really know i will have to discuss it with my mom. This is the amp i'm getting the Marshall MS2. I know it is very tiny. The thing is my mom obviously so i can't spend over 200 maybe if you have any suggestions or if you own it post the link where i could buy it
Quote by TMisthebest
I get twenty a month and my school year ends on the 29th and we were going to use my hundred dollar birthday budget money now so I could practice over the summer. and if i am thinking right i should have 260? i thought i had 180. I don't really know i will have to discuss it with my mom. This is the amp i'm getting the Marshall MS2. I know it is very tiny. The thing is my mom obviously so i can't spend over 200 maybe if you have any suggestions or if you own it post the link where i could buy it

try working. Get a job. there out there....just look
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
IMO, A Special II is a bad guitar compared to alot of others, but if PanHead was right, it would probably be better than the Rondo guitars. And in your position, anything that plays decent and makes a sound is good. Maybe you should take the amp and guitar money and get a good acoustic. For $380 or so, you can get a good acoustic that you most likely wont trade in for a few years.
Quote by qotsa1998
IMO, A Special II is a bad guitar compared to alot of others, but if PanHead was right, it would probably be better than the Rondo guitars. And in your position, anything that plays decent and makes a sound is good. Maybe you should take the amp and guitar money and get a good acoustic. For $380 or so, you can get a good acoustic that you most likely wont trade in for a few years.

Well i have an acoustic that my dad owned but is to big for me.
i responded to your pm TomMorelloisthebest

Edit: Responding to the recent one.
Last edited by Rounder01 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by TMisthebest
I'm 11
holy **** that's young so what kind of music do you want to play? thats pretty important
i've got a metallic blue mexican stratocaster and a fender frontman 15G amp
Anything but country and death metal is what i will be playing. I ordered my guitar on Saturday. It was the les paul copy because it has better reviews then the cheapest epiphone and it is cheaper. Next i will get an Agile
HI!!!

Gear
Guitar(s)- SX GG1 STD CSB
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!