Page 1 of 7
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=566481&in_page_id=1879&ICO=FEMAIL&ICL=TOPART

This is genius. I swear, this wouldn't be funny if it wasn't 100% serious.
"Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die."

"Emos like guitar-based rock with emotional lyrics... such as My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte and Blink 182."

Pesky blink 182 emos! Anyone else think that while the emo fad might be getting a bit ridiculous, this article just single handedly balanced out the retardation on the other side?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
"Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die."

Press these days. haha
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
.... *Raises eyebrow*
*Questions the logic of it*
*haha*
*Doesn;t bother to read padst the first paragraph, becase I've seen all this before...
They're a few years behind the band-wagon though...
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
And on the seventh day, their common sense rested.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The Mail need to die, so does the modern bastardisation of emo, tut tut
I really do think their entire research for that article was conducted by putting words into the motuh of an 11 year old girl. Even emo kids wouldn't say they beleive cutting themselfvesis an 'initiation process' to becoming emo
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
LOL.

I'm not even going to defend or argue against it. People will believe anything, I guess.
"Why on earth did their daughter — a popular, intelligent and attractive girl — do such a thing?

They could find only one clue: Hannah was what is known as an "emo". "

NOOO!
thats made my day "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die.
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????

This is f ucking A!

I'm going to send a complaint mail..

EDIT:

Quote by Orbit91
brb Black Parade

There are few things worse than emo music, but the Mail is one of them.
haha
this is ridiculous

yerr... cutting yourself is and emo initiation haha wtf

ooo dear... "I used to be a rebel, too," she says. "I was a punk rocker for a while"
punk rocker... right rebel

cba to read all of it but theres loads of typical press crap in that lol
quite stupid

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
That Black Parade bit is quite honestly the funniest thing I've read in a while... I mean surely even The Daily Mail has access to google...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
"...Talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die."

When I die I want to go to the Dark Side Of The Moon
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
You got to love the British press, I remember back in the "grunge" days when Cobain committed sucide and there was a circus in the British press reporting on copy cat suicides and blaming it on the music, before that in the Metal days of the 80's it was kids becoming satanic because of the music, this decade its emo.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
WTF WTF -_-

LOL... just wtf??!?!

people need to STOP blaming music , emo , goth , computer games, books and WHATEVER for causing deaths and suicide..

they need to realise the "victim" had issues... jeez

but for whatever reason people, especially her parents , they dont want to admit the girl had issues, they want to think of her as a sweet innocent carefree girl, and that her death had NOTHING do do with them. They want to blame something, so they shove the blame to whatever first comes to their mind, to make them feel that their little girl didnt kill herself for something THEY did, so they wont feel guilty. so they wont feel like bad parents.

This same situation repeats itself whenever some "senseless" death occurs. The media or the parents of the "victims" force the blame onto something... whatever lame thing that may be
to be fair. the people who write these statistics and facts, have not listened to the music before.

it's silly enough to accuse types of music aswell as it is to believe what the papers have writen against them.
Quote by Mithaearon
You got to love the British press, I remember back in the "grunge" days when Cobain committed sucide and there was a circus in the British press reporting on copy cat suicides and blaming it on the music, before that in the Metal days of the 80's it was kids becoming satanic because of the music, this decade its emo.

Annoying as hell.

UK has got good news programs, so why is the press so bad?
Quote by Craigo
Annoying as hell.

UK has got the BBC and the Guardian, why do people read anything else?

Fix'd
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Quote by petrina_678
WTF WTF -_-

LOL... just wtf??!?!

people need to STOP blaming music , emo , goth , computer games, books and WHATEVER for causing deaths and suicide..

but for whatever reason people, especially her parents , they dont want to admit the girl had issues, they want to think of her as a sweet innocent carefree girl, and that her death had NOTHING do do with them. They want to blame something, so they shove the blame to whatever first comes to their mind, to make them feel that their little girl didnt kill herself for something THEY did, so they wont feel guilty. so they wont feel like bad parents.

This same situation repeats itself whenever some "senseless" death occurs. The media or the parents of the "victims" force the blame onto something... whatever lame thing that may be

But you see, all they had done is not let her sleep over at her friend's place, who I might add was a guy. Do you think that's something to kill yourself over? No. I don't either.

Although I must confess that IS only what the news article reported, and it's possible there were other problems/issues we are not aware of.
sig goes here
Quote by petrina_678

It is easier to pass blame and judgement that get to the bottom of the route causes I guess?
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Didn't they publish an article almost identical to this like a year ago?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Hey what's all the hate towards the Daily Mail? It's better than "The Guardian" or "The Scotsman" any day.

I love all their articles about Diana. She will always have a place in my heart.
LOL

It really is quite pathetic.
Especially seeing as how both MCR and Blink 182 have ANTI suicide songs
Quote by duncang
Didn't they publish an article almost identical to this like a year ago?

Yeah, MCR had the audience at the... Leeds festival[?] to chant "Fsck the Daily Mail". This is probably the Mail's rebuttal.
Call me Callum