Page 1 of 2
Is this good, bad or just plain crazy ?

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk:80/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=566351&in_page_id=1770

The electric cigarette that gives you a nicotine hit and gets round the smoking ban

Inventors have created an electric cigarette which gives a nicotine hit while still managing to avoid the smoking ban.
The small white stick, which looks just like a proper cigarette, contains a chamber that vapourises pure liquid nicotine into a puff of steam.

Smokers can inhale the vapours as they would a cigarette smoke and still get the buzz - without taking in any harmful substances.

Scroll down for more...

Electric cigarette: It provides a nicotine 'hit' but gets round the smoking ban

Nicotine is its only ingredient, unlike tobacco alternatives which contain over 4,000 chemicals and tar.

The electric cigarette is battery powered, has a glowing red tip and tastes like the real thing.

Makers claim it can be used inside pubs and restaurants despite the national smoking ban as it has no flame and does not produce smoke.

They also say the cigarette cannot cause lung cancer as it only contains nicotine.

The stick, called Gamucci Micro Electronic Cigarette, uses small cartridges which are filled with the liquid substance.

Scroll down for more...

Stylish: The electric cigarette is appealing to the younger generation

There are three types of cartridge, 'low' which contains six milligrams of nicotine, 'medium' which has 11mg, and 'high' which contains 16mg.

A tiny atomizing chamber inside the stick heats up the liquid when the user takes a drag, and within a second reduces it to vapour.

The effects kick-in almost instantaneously and provide a nicotine hit without harmful tar and carcinogens. Passive smoking is impossible, making it perfect for indoor use.

The Gamucci is on sale via online gadget company I Want One Of Those for £49.95 which includes two sticks, five 'high-strength' cartridges and a mains charger.

But it is only available to people aged 18 or over and is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.

Scroll down for more...

Rechargeable: The 'cigarette' can be used again and again

Tim Booth, founder of I Want One Of Those, said: "The Gamucci can be used by anyone who enjoys having a cigarette with a pint in the pub.

"It doesn't have a flame and doesn't produce smoke or harmful chemicals yet still gives people a nicotine hit.

"The Gamucci contains a small 3.7 volt battery and atomizing chamber where you can plug in a nicotine cartridge.

"Sucking on the Gamucci triggers the atomizing chamber to heat up.

"This chamber gets very warm very quickly and reduces the nicotine to a vapour which can then be inhaled.

"The nicotine hit can be felt by the smoker almost immediately, just like a tobacco cigarette.

"The Gamucci gets rather warm to the touch but the vapour cools by the time it reaches the mouth - it is not like boiling steam.

"It tastes like a tobacco cigarette and the tip glows red when you take a draw.

"The Gamucci is charged up using a mains charger and it will last all day for a fairly heavy smoker.

"The purchase price includes two cigarettes so you can have one on charge at home while you take the other one to work.

"We are not selling it as an aid to give up smoking as 50 per cent is addiction to the nicotine and 50 per cent is addiction to the actual physical habit.

"But it works for smokers who do not have the will power to give up.

"It is not harmful to them or to the people around them - there is no worry of passive smoking so it should not be effected by the ban.

"Obviously some restaurant or pub proprietors may not let you use a Gamucci as they might still feel that it is a cigarette as it looks like one.

"At the end of the day it is up to them but technically it does not produce smoke so is therefore not a cigarette."

I Want One Of Those does not currently stock refill cartridges but they can be bought directly from Gamucci's website.

A pack of five, which is the equivalent of 100 tobacco cigarettes, costs 6.99 pounds.

Simon Clark, director of pro-smoking campaign group Forest, believes the Gamucci is a good idea however he believes smokers may miss lighting a real cigarette.

He said: "Anything that offers people more choice has to be a good thing.

"I'm sure there is a market for the Gamucci but I do not know how big it will be.

"People often over-look the fact that smokers enjoy the whole ritual surrounding cigarette such as taking one out of a packet, lighting it and then smoking it.

"These rituals are very much part of the appeal."

Gamucci's next venture is cartridges that are flavoured with mint, apple, cherry, chocolate and coffee.

They will either come in either 'high' strength nicotine or nicotine-free.

For the lazy pit users, it's a electric cigarette that gives you a nicotine hit, it's filled with a vapor and is apparently not bad for your health.
Either way your wasting your money just to put chemicals in your body IMO.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Old new, it was already a trend in the Netherlands.
But they discovered it wasn't so good after all and banned it right away.
Quote by 666metalmark
Old new, it was already a trend in the Netherlands.
But they discovered it wasn't so good after all and banned it right away.

Hang on I live in amsterdam, how did I totally miss this ?
Or you could, y'know, actually stop smoking. Get rid of the nicotine cravings and all that.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by DeSean
You could put something other than nicotine in there...

The Electric Crack Stick,

Special Amy Winehouse edition
Pure liquid nicotine? That sounds VERY dangerous.

EDIT: DeSean, your sig is awesome. I love that song.
Quote by DeSean
You could put something other than nicotine in there...
Yeah if it's basically just a vaporiser I can think of plenty of uses for it
It might not cause lung cancer, but it'll probably cause mouth and throat cancer.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by valennic
Either way your wasting your money just to put chemicals in your body IMO.

Do you realize the same could be said for just about any other temporary indulgence that's detrimental to your health?
Quote by GNR's Fan
Is it me or does this just look very dodgy

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

I suppose it would be okay though, if nicotine truly isn't bad for your health.
Quote by metalderek
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

I suppose it would be okay though, if nicotine truly isn't bad for your health.

i think it is, though. It raises your blood pressure and the risk of a heart attack.

anyway, it sounds like a good idea, but I can imagine a whole bunch of tobacco lobbies making an effort to having this thing banned.
yes please! This is right up my alley! But then again everytime they try and ban smoking in Pittsburgh, the people freak, the bars let them smoke anyway, and the ban gets lifted inside of a week. It's the no chance of cancer thing I like!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
This is retarded. If it takes away the taste of tobacco, then why would people smoke them?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Aramis
Pure liquid nicotine? That sounds VERY dangerous.

EDIT: DeSean, your sig is awesome. I love that song.

In CSI Las Vegas, a guy was killed when a girl applied nicotine patchs on his pen0rz
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Psychedelico
This is retarded. If it takes away the taste of tobacco, then why would people smoke them?

Exactly.

Its a really poor idea if you ask me.
nicotine itself is bad for you, also with this it seems like it would be too easy to OD.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I think I've seen something similar to those before. Anyway, it would be cool to have if you were in a situation where you couldn't get outside for a smoke for awhile, or if you just wanted to look all cool smoking inside where you're not allowed to.
Quote by Psychedelico

According to the article: "It tastes like a tobacco cigarette and the tip glows red when you take a draw".
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Quote by JeanMi36
In CSI Las Vegas, a guy was killed when a girl applied nicotine patchs on his pen0rz

What
It is stupid, because nicotine is harmful. You can overdose on nicotine simply by wearing a nicotine patch and having a cig at the same time. If you ask me its a really stupid idea.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Smoking sucks.

Play guitar.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Funny, they say it doesn't cause cancer and doesn't contain anything other then nicotine, yet pregnant women still can't go anywhere near them. If that's case, I would not consider it very safe or not harmful... and isn't nicotine bad for you anyway?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Smokers can inhale the vapours as they would a cigarette smoke and still get the buzz - without taking in any harmful substances.

Erm... Nicotine IS a harmful substance.

/addiction
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by JeanMi36

They tried the same thing in "Thank You For Smoking" by applying patches all over his body. It nearly killed him, but he survived because of the amount of nicotine he smoked everyday. They said no non-smoker could have survived.

Meh, I don't buy it... the surviving part. Great movie though
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Does this remind anyone about those things in that movie Minority Report? Those little inhailer things that Tom Cruise's character is addicted to? I thought of those right away.
oh, yeah those look just like real cigarettes.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Page 1 of 2