i was thinking of changing the pickups to my guitar, i was thinking on getting an x2n, should i buy it, i play metal and progressive, i've got a randall rg100sc g2 solid state amp...
I've installed it in my Ibanez RG and despite I'm really satisfied about I don't think it will do for you. It's a pretty high gain and wild pickup that loses something in the clean or drive area. If i could give you an example of what it gives you I'd compare it to a Seymour Duncan Invader with a slight overdrive constantly on. I mainly use it now for recording aggressive guitar parts, usually overdubs where something out of control might add something but, I wouldn't consider installing it on any of my all purpose guitars. For your style I'd look for something more well rounded
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Quote by xFilth
Go for a Tone Zone unless you want a wildbeast

That's a good one, I use the 7 string version of it on my BC Rich and it did just positive things to the guitar's tone especially on the clean aspects.
I would also suggest you to try out the Air Norton.
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
I'm assuming you're putting this into your bridge, in which case I'd recommend a DiMarzio Breed. It'd give you a fuller, thicker tone.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I have Dimarzio Dactivator X. Its a way more versatil pickup, and it can go from very clean to brootal. Not many people here have tried them, but thats what I installed in one of my multipurpose guitars.The one on my sig.
Quote by nyandres
I have Dimarzio Dactivator X. Its a way more versatil pickup, and it can go from very clean to brootal. Not many people here have tried them, but thats what I installed in one of my multipurpose guitars.The one on my sig.

Nice RG you got there!
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
haha! I have a DiMarzio X2N in my Ibanez too...

WOW! It will kill you if you don't tame it

I can recommend to buy this wild thing... you won't be dissapointed if you want to have a pickup that shoots your brain away.
Quote by nyandres
...Dimarzio Dactivator X...
Get out of my brain

First thing that came to mind
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
how about the seymour duncan invader 8, how is that one compared to the x2n??
or maybe the dimebucker, or the drop sonic...those are my 4 choices, the X2N, drop sonic, invader 8, and dimebucker...
brootal. The only pickup i know that can do very good brutal, dirty, and clean sounds is the Dactivator X. I do love the X2n however. One of the best for really brootal sound.
If youre hardcore like Michael Romeo, youll stick a X2N in your bridge and use a Tone Zone as your neck pup