Ok... lately all my friends have grown to be particularly tall. My closest friends are in order of tallest to shortest 6ft 1.5, 6ft 1, 6ft and 5ft 11. I also have one friend who is around 5ft 7.

I'm 15 years old and I'm about 5ft8.75/178.3cm at least and I feel dwarfed by them. My Dad is about 5ft 11.5 and my uncle is 6ft 3. My Mum is 5ft 7 and my grandfather is about 6ft. I have around size 10 pushing 10.5 feet (UK) and I have a slightly muscular, thin build. I can sometimes appear taller because of my build and I wanted to know if I was going to grow much taller than I am now. I regularly exercise (trampoline ) and eat pretty healthily. Don't know if that will affect it. I've got to the point of being obsessed with being at least of an average size.

Any help would be appreciated thanks...

P.s. All of my cousins who are a couple of years older than me have grown to be over 6ft.
Last edited by jakemac at May 15, 2008,
You're 15... you've still got 3 or more years of growing in you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
at least you dont have back aches us tall people have to slouch to get some things and it hurts our backs over time.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
You are pretty average. In a good way. Your friends are freakishly tall.

You can't really do anything to change it, so just be happy with what you have. It's genes and ****.
If there was a sure-fire way of making yourself taller there would be no short people.

/Thread
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
[same dilemma as yourself, but im 5'7]

Count yourself lucky you're not my height with best friends who are 6'5, 6'6 and 6'3
Lol.. I know but I feel inferior. It's not about being macho or anything or fighting it's about feeling puny. Like Yoda next to Chewbacca.
And I don't want a way to make myself taller. I'll be whatever nature wants me to be.. I just hope I grow a little more before I turn 18.
you will grow. i used to be the "dwarf" of my class, now im the tallest!!! HA!!! (i was 15 too when i was the "dwarf", my friends used to call me hobbit)
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by jakemac
Lol.. I know but I feel inferior. It's not about being macho or anything or fighting it's about feeling puny. Like Yoda next to Chewbacca.

I don't think that's a very good comparison
You can probably expect to grow another 3 inches maybe. When I was 15 I was just under 5'6 and now I'm 5'8/5'9.
It was pretty exaggerated. And also I'm not green. And my friends aren't wookies.
Spike your hair, wear a suit with vertical stripes, wear platform shoes and walk a chiuaha.
Quote by jakemac
And I don't want a way to make myself taller. I'll be whatever nature wants me to be.. I just hope I grow a little more before I turn 18.

So do I, I'm 17 and about 5'8". Here's som advice: Don't mock people who are shorter than you.

They have this weird tendency to grow faster than everyone else.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
The mean height & weight for adult males is 5'9" and 190 lbs, so you are already just about average height and have 2 or 3 more years to grow. Don't worry about it. Be happy with what God/nature gave you and take care of it with good eating habits and working out and living a heathy life. You can't make urself taller, but you can make the best with whatever height you end up at.

There are positives and negatives to being different sizes. Shorter people have less joint, back, and health problems in general over time and live longer than taller people. I'm 6'2" and one of the shortest guys in my family. My brother is 6'6" and he is young and has already had his knees bother him some because there is so much pressure on them from his weight and height.
when i was 15 i was 5'1, im 16 now and im 6'3
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by magnum1117
when i was 15 i was 5'1, im 16 now and im 6'3

I find it hard to believe you grew over a foot in a year....
Even during a growth spurt, people grow around 4 inches.
I'm as tall as you and I like it

the smaller you are, the cooler you look with a guitar
Quote by helper1234
Spike your hair, wear a suit with vertical stripes, wear platform shoes and walk a chiuaha.

Been watching much of The Simpsons?
Quote by roythereaper
So do I, I'm 17 and about 5'8". Here's som advice: Don't mock people who are shorter than you.

They have this weird tendency to grow faster than everyone else.

hell yeah!
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
i'm 5'7.

i don't think i've grown a goddamn inch since i started high school. i'm 19 now. still waiting for that mythical growth spurt everyone talks about...w/e, my family is full of short people. i'm one of the tallest lol.

anyways, TS, you'll probably grow another 3-4 inches, unless you have a freaky growth spurt, which judging by the varied heights in your family, is possible. typically guys stop growing around their late teens though.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I'm only 5'07, but that's cool 'cause that helps me with my job.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Masamune
I find it hard to believe you grew over a foot in a year....
Even during a growth spurt, people grow around 4 inches.

not exactly a year. i mean im 16 with 8 months and when i started growing i was like 15 with some days.
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I had a growth spurt around about August 07 - December 07 that took me from about 5ft 3.5 to 5ft 7. I've only grown just under 2 inches in 4 months. I think I might be due another spurt as they are common in my family... speaking to my cousins and looking at measurements over the years my cousins were my height at my age and are now 6ft 2, 6ft 3 and 6ft. Same thing with my uncle.
Last edited by jakemac at May 16, 2008,
ha, I grew taller before anything else... I didn't start growing alot of hair until i was a well into being 14, and i was already over 6 ft.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I am 5'7 and a half and I'm 19. Be happy you're 5'8.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
im 14 years old and im 6"1 with size 14 feet. im a tank
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
I'm 15, and I'm 5'2"

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...