Distortion pedals are suposed to be used on a clean amp right?

but will it sound bad if its used on a amp that only got 1 channel? like a blackheart little giant or some of the other 5-15w tube amps
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

a 1 channel tube amp is always clean below breakup volume levels...

it will sound fine on a one channel amp, just as it will on a 2 channel tube amp.
Amps like the Little Giant and Epiphone Valve Jr. apparently take well to distortion pedals. If you want to use a distortion pedal, just crank the volume as far as you can while still keeping it pretty clean, and then throw your distortion pedal in front.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
will it work to fully crank it and use the pedal infront?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard