Page 1 of 2
Who cares, really..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
who cares? hendrix sucks....
myspace.com/nivek88

~I will eventually troll the forum that your obsessed with~
Probably someone like BB king. he'd stay true to some black blues players. maybe, Robert johnson.
Quote by Nivek88
who cares? hendrix sucks....

Obvious troll is obvious.

On Topic: Eh I dont know? Maybe Muse?
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Muse.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
how can u say hendrix sucked! he inspired a generation and without him u probably wouldnt have indie, or metal or whatever it is you like!
He would love Muse's experimentation.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
I think he would've invented shredding in 1972.
He would've created something new in 1977.
He would've created something we create in 2020s in 1981.
And so on...
He would probably like anything.
He would have some band.

He was planning on creating Ultimate-Guitar already in 1968.
Some haven for all musicians to play something über.
haha. i wrote this thread after watching knights of cydonia live at wembley stadium... i was thinking muse as well. maybe some underground indie bands? maybe some alt. rock?

I was thinking the raconteurs, and the white stripes as well.
The Music.

If you haven't heard of them, be ashamed...be very ashamed.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
He probably would have invented Emo. Look how full of angst he was:

Radiohead maybe. Iirc, he had become sick of playing rock before he died.
prolly buckethead for his amazing talent, muse for their experimentation, and the Nightwatchman, if not Rage, just for the experimenting guitar parts
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by Demonn
how can u say hendrix sucked! he inspired a generation and without him u probably wouldnt have indie, or metal or whatever it is you like!

If hendrix was never born another influental guitarist would've came along to make guitaring what it is today...

either way compared to the guitarists of today jimi hendrix's guitar skills are nothing and he is way overrated.

even tho the cavemen invented the wheel it doesn't mean they used it best...
myspace.com/nivek88

Quote by sargasm
My Chemical Romance

you should get banned for that. i think he would like some heavy metal bands because he was the first artist whose music was called heavy metal
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Quote by Nivek88
If hendrix was never born another influental guitarist would've came along to make guitaring what it is today...

either way compared to the guitarists of today jimi hendrix's guitar skills are nothing and he is way overrated.

Thats my quote of the day. even tho i dont do this often, he hit the spot there. hendrix wasnt a great guitarist.. he just inspired other people who thought he was good.

well played nivek
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by Nivek88

Thats BS.

Maybe some other guitarist would have done something different than what Hendrix would have done, and that would influenced people in another way.

You are exactly like the people that dont understand The Beatles, maybe your dont like their music, thats cool we all have a music taste, but underrestimating their importance in music history is just plain ignorance and bollox.
Quote by highroller540
haha. i wrote this thread after watching knights of cydonia live at wembley stadium... i was thinking muse as well. maybe some underground indie bands? maybe some alt. rock?

I was thinking the raconteurs, and the white stripes as well.

+1

Hendrix would definately like the teurs

and i have to agree with muse too
Hendrix only sounded good to those who were as plastered listening to him as he was when he was playing.

In order to answer your question, I think he would quite like the Rotterdam Terror Corps .
Quote by teh_Beatles
Thats BS.

Maybe some other guitarist would have done something different than what Hendrix would have done, and that would influenced people in another way.

You are exactly like the people that dont understand The Beatles, maybe your dont like their music, thats cool we all have a music taste, but underrestimating their importance in music history is just plain ignorance and bollox.

I'm with you all the way! +1,000
Oh and another thing.

If ANYBODY could just do what Hendrix did, that means that everyone could have done what, The Beatles, Nirvana, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Muse, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, ACDC, Bob Dylan, Deep Purple, The Doors, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin and The Red Hot Chili Peppers did.

Which is completely insane.
Quote by teh_Beatles
Thats BS.

no your not understanding what im saying... i know that Jimi was a great guitarist "of his day" but i don't understand why people keep dwelling on him.

and i know plenty about music history bud... If you ask me i think Bach and Mozart should be getting a hell of alot more credit than Jimi or the Beatles
myspace.com/nivek88

Quote by highroller540
What would be his favorite band? and why?

Same as it was then: ZZ top. Hendrix loved the blues and he loved when rock went really bluesy. ZZ top still does that, hence Hendrix would still love them.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Nivek88
no your not understanding what im saying... i know that Jimi was a great guitarist "of his day" but i don't understand why people keep dwelling on him.

and i know plenty about music history bud... If you ask me i think Bach and Mozart should be getting a hell of alot more credit than Jimi or the Beatles

Why are they so different?

Like I said in my other post, I you think anybody could have done what Hendrix did, then Bach and Mozart's music could have been done by some one else? Or is that wrong? Does that statement only apply to Hendrix?

I agree Bach and Mozart changed music, but The Bealtes and Hendrix changed "OUR" world, its much easier to spot an influence from The Beatles and Hendrix today in popular culture, than an influence from Bach or Mozart.

The thing is they changed peoples lives, thats why they had such a big impact on music.
Quote by teh_Beatles
Why are they so different?

Like I said in my other post, I you think anybody could have done what Hendrix did, then Bach and Mozart's music could have been done by some one else? Or is that wrong? Does that statement only apply to Hendrix?

I agree Bach and Mozart changed music, but The Bealtes and Hendrix changed "OUR" world, its much easier to spot an influence from The Beatles and Hendrix today in popular culture, than an influence from Bach or Mozart.

The thing is they changed peoples lives, thats why they had such a big impact on music.

im tired of argueing with you about this... Jimi had his fame now let it die. Have you ever wondered who was the first person to actually make music was? I bet you haven't. Either way Jimi was influenced by musicians just as musicians are influenced by him.

he didn't come up with anything new... He didn't invent a "new, unheard musical note or anything" He's just a guitarist... not a god

all im saying is compared to the guitarists of today, hendrix sucks
myspace.com/nivek88

Quote by Nivek88
im tired of argueing with you about this... Jimi had his fame now let it die. Have you ever wondered who was the first person to actually make music was? I bet you haven't. Either way Jimi was influenced by musicians just as musicians are influenced by him.

he didn't come up with anything new... He didn't invent a "new, unheard musical note or anything" He's just a guitarist... not a god

all im saying is compared to the guitarists of today, hendrix sucks

I know Jimi is dead, but his Legacy still lives on. His ideas still play a big role in music today. Yeah, there are a lot of technical better guitarists today, but does that make you a good musician?

And what is wrong with appreciating him anyway?
Quote by Nivek88

Maybe not but they still changed the world with that creation, just like Hendrix changed the world for many, many guitarists. Hendrix was a revolutionary guitarist, whether you like him and his music or not.

No-one can deny him that.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
myspace.com/nivek88

Last edited by Nivek88 at May 15, 2008,
Quote by ValoRhoads
Same as it was then: ZZ top. Hendrix loved the blues and he loved when rock went really bluesy. ZZ top still does that, hence Hendrix would still love them.

I dont see how other guys are all like, oh he'd like heavy metal... i totally agree with this guy. He loved bluesy rock, so yeah, ZZ top would totally be up there.
Quote by teh_Beatles
I know Jimi is dead, but his Legacy still lives on. His ideas still play a big role in music today. Yeah, there are a lot of technical better guitarists today, but does that make you a good musician?

And what is wrong with appreciating him anyway?

theres nothing wrong with appreciating him... heck, i even appreciate him.

It just pisses me off that so many people still go "oh yeah Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist"

and the fact that if you ask any person {who knows nothing about guitar} who the best guitarist is... they almost always will go JIMI HENDRIX OMG
myspace.com/nivek88

Page 1 of 2