I am from Poland and I wanted to buy a guitar from thomann.de since the price is a steal compared to the prices in my country. Still, their HQ is in Germany and it would suck to send the guitar back to them if it was faulty.

That's why I'm asking you, Europeans who ever bought something from thomann - what are your experiences? Have you ever bought something and received it in a horrible shape? Are their packages safe? Is it alright to buy a guitar from them without playing on it first to check if it's not flawed in any means, like bad wood, neck etc?
I`ve heard that they send great stuff..

Not broken and such..

But if I were you, I would play that guitar first before you buy it. Poland-Germany.. how many kilometres? 1000? Well.. you can buy your stuff there i suppose

My buddy buys a lot of gear at thomann...

Good luck.. any questions.. PM..
It`s sad but true.
i bought my ibanez acoustic off them, it came in the box from the manufacture, then in a bigger box from thomann and that was filled with plastic air bubbles (not sure what they are called sorry, but they added padding and protection!). the guitar was in excellent condition. but i wouldn't buy the guitar with out testing it first, my advice to u is go to ur nearest guitar shop and try the guitar ur out and see what you think.
I've only had good experiences with Thomann, but I've only bought amps and pedals and such from there. With a guitar, I'm planning to buy one locally. Because amps just amplify your signal - the guitar is the instrument. You have to make sure it fits your hand well and just feels good to play, etc etc. That said, you can probably just find a guitar you really like locally, and then order one like it from Thomann. It's probably gonna be a bit different, but probably not too much.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by alidunwoodie
i wouldn't buy the guitar with out testing it first, my advice to u is go to ur nearest guitar shop and try the guitar ur out and see what you think.

The problem is that the model I want to buy (Fender Classic Player '60) isn't available in Poland and I can't test it anywhere :| But I've played MIM Standard Strat before and I liked it, and Classic Player series are said to be a step or even two steps higher than Standard Strats - something along the lines of Fender Highway One, just a bit cheaper because it's made in Mexico. I've encountered only positive reviews of CS '60.
My Dad ordered a Bass from them; he had a problem with his credit card details but it was sorted out by customer service very quickly ( and by the same sales assisstant which was a nice touch I thought).

As people have already said, try before you buy especially if you're spending a fair ammount of money and know what you're looking for in a guitar.

EDIT:

Seeing as you can't get hold of a guitar to test it yourself, you'll be able to send it back under their 30 day return policy won't you?
Quote by Meatball200

Seeing as you can't get hold of a guitar to test it yourself, you'll be able to send it back under their 30 day return policy won't you?

I thought of that, I'm not exactly sure if you have to pay for the shipping, but I think you don't (I mean when you send it back, you probably have to pay for the shipping when they send it to you).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Should be able to, yeah. At the end of the day you'll be more likely to keep the guitar than ship it back anyway.